What interest (hoobbies) do we have.

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

What interest (hoobbies) do we have.

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:31 pm

Ok all you SC guys/gals out there, what are you into. I try to post up about events in the hunting related field but what else do we find interesting. The PBR thing gave me this idea and thought I could look into some more interest for you all. So post up what you like to do hunting or not and lets share some ideas. And for all you non posters here in Carolina post away let us know you are alive, we like to hear from ya :thumbsup: we wont bite we promise.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Woodywoodduck » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:19 am

Seeing I'm not from You "Good Old State" :thumbsup: Can I reply?

I'll just add to it and maybe help out.

I have many Hobbies, my Daughter helps out with just about everything I do!

I Gather Wild Berries and Fruits and make Homemade Jellies and Wine.

I make Homemade Soda.

Started my first Batch of Homemade Beer the other day.

Haven't done this in awile>Photography.

Gardening, Grow many different things. Trying to Grow the Worlds Biggest Pumpkin and Watermelon, Been at that for 5 years now. 350 lbs. is the Biggest Pumpkin so Far and the Watermelons didn't get past 1 pound (Found out this year I was Growing them Wrong, this year might be the Big one!)

Incubating Eggs.

Constructing Waterfowl Habitat.

"Wacking and pounding" >>>that is, Getting the Wood and Saws out and making different wooden things.

Surfing the Web to learn Different things.

Card Games>> Something the Wife and I love to do with Friends.

Doing Off the Wall things to come up with a Million Dollar Project to become a Millionaire!

Being a Pain in the Arse to my Local State Rep. and Senator, Someday, they might just listen to a "Little Guy" Like me!

Adding different things to my Hobbies to have an Open Outlook of Life and to teach my Daughter there isn't ANYTHING You can not Do if you take the Time to learn it and put the Effort into trying it!
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:59 am

Well Woody those are all great and interesting things that you do. I will have to pick up on some of those in my spare time when evere I find that spare time.

Let us know how the beer thing comes out I have never tried it.

How is the soda thing, is it hard or about the same as making beer?
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Woodywoodduck » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:29 am

SCoutdoorsman wrote:How is the soda thing, is it hard or about the same as making beer?

Well, You sorta have that Backwards!

Beer, you have to heat the water, with Certain Ingridients in it, then remove them and place some other things in to the water and Boil for an hour, then place that into a fermentor and away you go, Sorta not on the Easy Side!

Soda, Simple and easy. Biggest thing you have to REMEMBER is Sterilized!

All you need is Empty plastic Soda Bottles with the Caps (Just save them 20 oz. bottles after you drink them and WASH them CLEAN and Dry), Soda Syrup, Sugar and Yeast and Water.

You mix the Syrup, Sugar, Yeast and Water together REAL GOOD, then Transfer to your plastic Bottles, Screw the Caps on nice and Tight and let it set in a Warm Dark place for about 14 days. Then you gots your homemade soda! :thumbsup:

If you Really want to get BRAVE, You go out and buy Glass Bottles made for Soda and Beer and make the Soda in it. Bad thing is, if you have a Batch that has alittle extra kick from the yeast, You get BOMBS in your house or Garage! POP POP POP POP, CLINK CLINK CLINK, Glass all over the place!

Soda is Simple, Beer is alittle hard, Wine is Simple like Soda.
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:10 pm

Woodywoodduck wrote:
If you Really want to get BRAVE, You go out and buy Glass Bottles made for Soda and Beer and make the Soda in it. Bad thing is, if you have a Batch that has alittle extra kick from the yeast, You get BOMBS in your house or Garage! POP POP POP POP, CLINK CLINK CLINK, Glass all over the place!

I take it that its happened to you?
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Woodywoodduck » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:00 pm

SCoutdoorsman wrote:
Woodywoodduck wrote:

I take it that its happened to you?

2 summers ago, was the last, I used Glass to make Soda!

I had the Bottles in the Garage.

Was a Nice HOT Day, I decided, to do some cleaning in the Garage. Well, Those Bottles Decided to Start Exploding!

The first one that popped, the Cap and about 1.5 inchs of the Neck, Flew and hit me in the side of the head!

Next thing I know, it was like someone was Throwing Glass Granades into the Garage!!

Caps and Glass flying everywere!

I was told last summer about saving the Plastic 16 and 20 ounce soda bottles to use to make homemade soda, did it, it worked and I'll continue to do that!

I just bottled my Beer today. Have to see, if these Start to Explode.

If they do, I'm gonna use the Thick Thick Bottles with the Old Style Flip top with the rubber Gasket to bottle next time. they seem to hold preasure better!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:42 am

my biggest problem is i have way too many hobbies. i'll do just about anything outdoors. it's hard to find time to invest the proper amount of time/resources into all of them to really enjoy them. amongst my favorites are...

1)hunting - deer, ducks, geese, turkey, hogs, squirrels, upland game (quail, pheasant, dove, etc.) rabbits, etc. (it really doesn't matter.)
2)fishing - bass, trout, bream, catfish, rockfish, yellow-fin tuna, etc. (again, it deosn't matter!)
3)shooting sports - clays/skeet, archery, idpa
4)college sports - football, baseball, basketball
5)photograpy - nature mainly
6)sports - softball, basketball, lifting weights, golf, etc.
7)training dogs
8)history - anytype

i have a close friend who makes his own wines. they are better than just about any store-bought wine there is. he also makes his own jellies. gardens all his own vegetables.

i'll tell you an ironic story. i hate veggies, don't eat any of them. my wife loves them though and i thought about doing a garden. 2 reasons wife, she enjoys the fresh stuff and it gets me outside for something else. where is the irony you ask? i HATE veggies.
shrpshtr
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting