SC - TURKEY SEASON OUTLOOK GOOD

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

SC - TURKEY SEASON OUTLOOK GOOD

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:46 pm

With the 2005 spring gobbler season approaching, South Carolina's 50,000 turkey hunting enthusiasts should expect good turkey numbers in most parts of the state, according to the S.C. Department of Natural Resources.

With an exceptional reproductive season last year, turkey numbers in most parts of the state should be up, and DNR biologists expect harvest figures to increase this spring.

The only low point for the 2005 spring turkey season forecast is that there will be large numbers of young turkeys, and it is expected that the availability of mature gobblers will be similar to last year.

South Carolina's turkey population is estimated at just more than 100,000 birds.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:30 am

i have noticed a lot more birds this year. :smile: :smile: maybe this'll be the year i get my first gobbler.
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:28 pm

Im right there with ya, and the numbers do seem to be more this year IMO.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting