Duck Hunting Forum banner

Duck hunting near Greenville area

11K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Brian Sullivan 
#1 ·
Hows everyone doin? I am moving down to Greer, SC from Rochester NY. I am wondering if there are many places to hunt in this area. I had some great hunting here on the Great Lakes. I also
like to hunt grouse, woodcock, and rabbits. Looking forward to hearing your replies. Thanks

#2 ·
hey zack welcome to sc.have you ever visited here before.i think you ll like it down here if you like bein outdoors.theres a few places to go around that area the tyger river is one the broad river is another.your gonna probably need a boat for them though.i would reccomend finding some one with a farm pond or small lake and ask permission to hunt them this usually works good for me and there will be less hunting pressure.theres alot of water in the area youre movin to so there should be some ducks in the area.youre just gonna have to get out and scout this summer and early fall.we ve had a severe drought this year so alot of places may not have water just yet because were just now startin to get decent rains.just keep your eye out and like i said try to find a farm pond near the river or some slow movin or backwater off the river.i dont think too many guys from south carolina visit this site during the off season so you may not get alot of responses.if you have any questions or need some advice you can pm me and i ll give you my e mail adress good luck and let me know how your scouting goes

#3 ·
I hate to say it but BE SURE to keep your ties back up in NY and the Great Lakes because waterfowl hunting here is NOTHING like up there. A limit in a days hunt is a stretch but it is done once or twice a season. I'll be willing to point you in some directions also just shoot me a PM with any questions and good luck.

#4 ·
Hey. I live above greer in blue ridge and it aint what it use to be.When we was kids we could go out the back door and hunt any thing that taste good,now they have built about 30 housing developments around.I tell my wife when my mom passes away im a memory in sc.You can hunt lake cunningham up on hwy 101 on wed til 11 or 12???. You can hunt saluda lake in greeville,or you can hunt most public lakes with some restrictions. saluda river, tyger river,broad river. Are you can try to get lucky like i did and find a swamp to lease .I have a boat and would like to try something besides my swamp this year send me a pm if want to give it a try.<Donnie>

#8 ·
coaltrain1300 said:
clinton house $250 a day. best bang for the buck. kill your ducks do less work wont get shined out by someone else. email me I'll set you up. lol. coaltrain1300@yahoo.com
Bigger bang is to talk with Chris and lease a pond for the year. Have double the amount of people for the pond pay and take half the hunts. We looked into doing it next year and I think by doing this it can work the price down to under 200 per hunt.

#10 ·
different ponds cost different amounts. you can only hunt them wed and sat i think. ponds range from 8-12k a year. I guide turkey hunts for them and they are always changing their rates and ideas it seems. downside is all the drakes get shot early and its hard hunting at end of year because its all hens left. I went in and was going to jump shoot the ponds one time for youth day in february so twin sisters could kill their first ducks and it was tough. Ive also found 60 in a group thinking they were released birds and they flew 150 yards away it was wild ducks so there is plus and minuses. good thing is places like this is stocking sc with ducks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.