SCWA bands or any out of state bands

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Postby pappy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: when shopping on e-bay for duck bands do you wear your waders?.......thought it might add something to the total experience :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good shoppin :thumbsup:

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby Poop Washington » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:24 pm

Hey man do not be a hatah- we worked as hard for these bands as some other peeple do for Federul ones
Poop Washington
hunter

Postby Catdaddy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:12 pm

Poop Washington wrote:Hey man do not be a hatah- we worked as hard for these bands as some other peeple do for Federul ones

I sure wish I knew you folks would buy bands. I've thrown away a shoe box full of tamie bands.

What would 25-30 real federal bands be worth? That doesn't even count the lanyard full that got stolen when I was 21. I'm 56 now. I even have some green hundred dollar reward bands.

What would they be worth? I may sell them if the money's right.
Catdaddy
Newb

Postby pappy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:51 pm

Poop Washington wrote:Hey man do not be a hatah- we worked as hard for these bands as some other peeple do for Federul ones

i'm glad i don't know what a " hatah" is. cause i might be offended.

and it's a good thing we ain't havin a spellin bee cause you and me would lose.

after cipherin out your post i found it quite amuzing that you think you worked as hard for a tamie band as people do for a federal one. :yes:

best of luck on ebay and shooting pet birds :thumbsup:

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby btduckcall » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:27 pm

pappy wrote:wow

i was reading this thread and thought it was a joke so i kept waiting for the punch line or someone to spill the beans.

are you guys serious about buying bands or harvesting somebody's 4-h project for the sake of honestly calling it duck huntin.

i knew south carolina hunting was bad but after reading this it has stooped to a new low. i hope them arkansas boys don't read this thread.

it's a sad day in south carolina huntin.... but then..... to each his own.

good huntin (or Shopping or what ever you're callin it):thumbsup:

pap

:thumbsup:
btduckcall
hunter

Postby btduckcall » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:31 pm

pappy wrote:

i'm glad i don't know what a " hatah" is. cause i might be offended.

and it's a good thing we ain't havin a spellin bee cause you and me would lose.

after cipherin out your post i found it quite amuzing that you think you worked as hard for a tamie band as people do for a federal one. :yes:

best of luck on ebay and shooting pet birds :thumbsup:

pap

hey them there tammy bands we worked just as hard for tem as you have for you're so culled federally bands
btduckcall
hunter

Postby pappy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:43 pm

poop

how old are you. not that it really matters .... but if you are very young i'll cut you some slack. over 21 and you are old enough to know better :thumbsdown:

i'll tell you straight man.... federal bands are tough to come by and i bet cat daddy busted his gonads to get em.

not to mention public hunters at the coast. four days of pluff mud had me motorin full blast for the hills and back to the dead sea of duck huntin. that stuff is tough.

i mostly hunt beaver ponds in sc and kill a lot of woodies so the ocassional mallard or black is a welcome bonus for me.

thats why once a year i travel. the mud in the potholes in the dakotas will cut your rump not to mention huntin 6 below in kansas or a death march to the swamp in mississippi or arkansas.

i tell ya fella if you think huntin pen raised birds are as hard as huntin the wild duck then you don't have a clue. i shot one once that i thought was gonna fly up my gun barrel. stupid stupid bird.

good huntin, :thumbsup:

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby btduckcall » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:02 pm

pappy wrote:poop

how old are you. not that it really matters .... but if you are very young i'll cut you some slack. over 21 and you are old enough to know better :thumbsdown:

i'll tell you straight man.... federal bands are tough to come by and i bet cat daddy busted his gonads to get em.

not to mention public hunters at the coast. four days of pluff mud had me motorin full blast for the hills and back to the dead sea of duck huntin. that stuff is tough.

i mostly hunt beaver ponds in sc and kill a lot of woodies so the ocassional mallard or black is a welcome bonus for me.

thats why once a year i travel. the mud in the potholes in the dakotas will cut your rump not to mention huntin 6 below in kansas or a death march to the swamp in mississippi or arkansas.

i tell ya fella if you think huntin pen raised birds are as hard as huntin the wild duck then you don't have a clue. i shot one once that i thought was gonna fly up my gun barrel. stupid stupid bird.

good huntin, :thumbsup:

pap

:lol:
btduckcall
hunter

Postby idontshoottamies » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:06 am

shoot i dont care if they're young.
listen up you little posers. the wearing of bands on the lanyard is a status symbol among duck hunters all over this country and why i dont have many, i know for sure that aint i gonna fill mine with a bunch of fake SCWA bands and ones i made from grandmas heirlooms. Your g ma ought to cut your little tail you disrespectful punk. And for you ignorant costa wearin, z71 drivin, queers...if you buy bands over the internet you should have your huntin license revoked for life. with all the extra money you save you can go buy some more decals, of the stuff you dont own or even know how to use, for your truck. hurry up and go find the next fad, you little white trash fags, so the rest of us can get back to real duck hunting.
idontshoottamies
Newb

Postby pappy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:44 am

idontshoottamies wrote:shoot i dont care if they're young.
listen up you little posers. the wearing of bands on the lanyard is a status symbol among duck hunters all over this country and why i dont have many, i know for sure that aint i gonna fill mine with a bunch of fake SCWA bands and ones i made from grandmas heirlooms. Your g ma ought to cut your little tail you disrespectful punk. And for you ignorant costa wearin, z71 drivin, queers...if you buy bands over the internet you should have your huntin license revoked for life. with all the extra money you save you can go buy some more decals, of the stuff you dont own or even know how to use, for your truck. hurry up and go find the next fad, you little white trash fags, so the rest of us can get back to real duck hunting.

:hammer: i wish you would tell him how you really feel. :rofl: and don't hold anything back.

good huntin

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby froggyo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:59 pm

I believe I have 5 or 6 put away in a junk drawer somewhere. I don't put them on my lanyard because they are not a migratory bird. If some one wants to buy them let me know. They aren't doing me any good.
froggyo
hunter

Postby btduckcall » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:46 pm

idontshoottamies wrote:shoot i dont care if they're young.

sheet i shoot as meany as i can, hell they taste the same and the bands do look good, and i dont waer costas and i gots me some fockers
btduckcall
hunter

Postby JumboQuack » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:50 am

Just now on eBay:

149 results found for "duck bands"

This is rediculous, shameful even. :thumbsdown:
Drunk Guys Found: 1
JumboQuack
hunter

Postby codeman216 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:31 pm

we should have checked the drunk guy for a band, that would be something to put on a lanyard...
codeman216
hunter

Re: SCWA bands or any out of state bands

Postby NorCalRefugeRat » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:27 am

I have been hunting since I was 7 and at age 42 I finally got my first banded bird, a big ole' Canadian honker. I can't imagine ever buying bands off Ebay or even worse... making one??? Next you will be telling us that you are going to have a "trophy drake mallard" made up from chicken feathers and mounted on the wall. Just sounds like crazy talk if you ask me.
NorCalRefugeRat
Newb

Postby Calibogue » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:09 pm

Any of you queers want a SCWA band I got 2 sitting in my desk drawer I will sell you!
They are sitting in my drawer waiting on some duck hunter wanna be to put em on their lanyard, call em in for a report, and brag!
Make me an offer...both were shot on the Eastern Shore of VA.
Calibogue
hunter

Postby Calibogue » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:12 pm

Wish I hadn't thrown em in the garbage, i could have made some cash from all the tamies i eradicated over the years!
Still have 2.....anyone, anyone?
Calibogue
hunter

Postby Ryan Tucker » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Just moved to South Carolina, but I did kill a SCWA banded hen mallard back in the late 90's near Lexington, KY. Didn't even know what SCWA was, had to use a new service called Google to find out.
Ryan Tucker
hunter

Postby sc_countryboy26 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:27 pm

I have been duck hunting in South Carolina since 1997. I have 32 bands on my lanyard right now. Only 8 of them are Federal bands. 2 from mallards and 6 from woodies. the rest are SCWA bands. I killed them in the same places got up at the same time put the same amount of decoys and spent the smae amount of time and money hunting. So that is why I got them on my lanyard. I have never shot one on any private property or private hunts.
sc_countryboy26
hunter

Postby Calibogue » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Your lanyard would be a whole lot more appealing with just the 8 federal bands! :lol:
Calibogue
hunter

Postby MARSHTACKI » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Thanks RUBBERHEADS, I gotta good laugh out of that! You guys are really impressive, I bet you have a stuffed Phil Robertson doll you sleep with! haha
MARSHTACKI
hunter

Postby MARSHTACKI » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:36 pm

You guys interested in a pair of cormorant bands? haha
MARSHTACKI
hunter

Postby Spottail » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Calibogue wrote:Your lanyard would be a whole lot more appealing with just the 8 federal bands! :lol:

No doubt.

I have only 11 federal bands. 9 on my string, and 2 in the gun cabinet.
I have probably killed more SCWA mallards than one man should be allowed.
I put the first one on my lanyard in 1994, and at 14yrs(1998) old realized how rediculous the whole deal was.

Since 94, I have killed enough to fill a shoe box.
I am still trying to figure out what to do with them.

Hunt Master, don't let all those scducks boys know you sport your tame duck bands proudly.
teal and tailing reds make life worth living
Spottail
hunter

Postby SC134 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Who cares about bands? Shoot this is South Carolina you should be thankful for the ducks we actually do get around here! I mean yeah it would be cool to kill a band, but thats the last thing on my mind when I'm huntin.
SC134
hunter

Postby sc_countryboy26 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:20 am

Spottail,

they know. I dont really care about what they think. Everyone had tjhere own feelings about this subject. I do not agree with the realeasing of birds nor do I support the SCWA. But I will shoot as many as I get the chance to shoot.
sc_countryboy26
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting