SCWA bands or any out of state bands

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Re: SCWA bands or any out of state bands

Postby honkertalker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:27 am

here is a jack minor band killed in sc from ontario canada back in the day my dad killed
Blow somthing thats worth something...
honkertalker
hunter

Postby Dishrag » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Just started bird hunting this year. Went twice for Ducks, last time down on the coast of SC...3rd duck I got was a Fed-banded Woody from NY.

Life is good.
Dishrag
Newb

Postby klee7013 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Ya me and my dad got about 2 lanyards full of SCWA/ Released. We keep um on a laynard with a older duck call hanging on the wall. Ive never shot a fed band.

Also anybody in SC shoot in mallards with a BEAVER POND Tag Hemingway, SC if so would like to know that our ducks went to good use- We have done over 500-600 last 4 years- One year we had them so wild we got a call from up in NC which is over a 5hr drive away the guys killed a few.
klee7013
hunter

Re:

Postby grey duck » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:00 pm

pappy wrote:wow

i was reading this thread and thought it was a joke so i kept waiting for the punch line or someone to spill the beans.

are you guys serious about buying bands or harvesting somebody's 4-h project for the sake of honestly calling it duck huntin.

i knew south carolina hunting was bad but after reading this it has stooped to a new low. i hope them arkansas boys don't read this thread.

it's a sad day in south carolina huntin.... but then..... to each his own.

good huntin (or Shopping or what ever you're callin it):thumbsup:

pap

I was thinking the same thing. These are the idiots that good hunters have to contend with every day.

And for all the idiots out there. SCWA quit banding birds because if a bird they banded lead to someone getting the bird flu, then they could be held liable.
grey duck
hunter

Postby klee7013 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:13 pm

I heard that SCWA stopped banding birds because a bunch of people where calling it in as a federal band. and was told to stop by the feds.

i don't think because of the bird flu thing. They stopped way before that came into play.
klee7013
hunter

Previous

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting