Some help please

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Some help please

Postby panthersfan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:10 pm

I am getting ready to enter only my second waterfowl season and need some help on where to go. I live in murrells inlet and last year went around sandy island and hagley landing but every morning i would hear gun shots like crazy and never see any ducks if someone can offer some advise i would appreciate it. I am 19 and an avid fisherman and trying to get into water fowl but need help. I dont have a mentor so to speak.
thanks in advance
Jonathan
panthersfan
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:06 am

First :welcome: Jonathan.

Did you hunt on the WMA over there or some private land?

I personally cant help you out with the coastal hunting but im sure we could come up with something.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby panthersfan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:42 pm

I hunted mostly on the river near private lands in what i was told is the high tide line where people are aloud to stand on low tides and others out of my boat. This year i did get my wma but everyone is telling me that the wma is drawn hunts and i feel like i waisted 30 bucks cause i am to late to drwaing and i want to hunt more than just once a year.or else the money i have invested in hunting is a waiste. thanks for the welcome
Jonathan
panthersfan
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:05 am

It may be that way in the local WMA areas you are in but not here. There are other areas that are WMA you dont need a draw to hunt, its open game.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby scduckhunter » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:12 pm

hey man, im from georgetown, i hunt in that same area and had pretty good success last year, which was my first year. im 19 too. where did u go to school. maybe we can get together on day and i might give u some hints.
take a kid hunting
scduckhunter
hunter

Postby panthersfan » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:20 pm

hey man email me at panthersfan2415@aol.com
Jonathan
panthersfan
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting