Opening day

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Re: Opening day

Postby Kurt » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:03 pm

vapor300 wrote:I dont know if this us true or not, but we heard that the river up there is out of its banks and there is 100 miles of flooded crops underwater and is holding a 3rd of the mallards of the whole mississippi flyway. Can anyone confirm that?

Completely not even close to true if you are talking about the missouri river. That cant even happpen since all the damns controll the water on the resivors here anyway. There is not crap here for ducks right now waiting for the migration to start some time.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby vapor300 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:21 pm

All the damns on the MO river??? I only thought there was 1? I dont know what river they where talking about, thats just what i heard.
vapor300
hunter

Postby fastloadskill » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:22 pm

I drove around to my usual spots tonight looking for a spot for tomorrow, didn't see ANY ducks. How far north are they? I was between Bridgewater and Madison, and farther north.
fastloadskill
hunter

Postby Kurt » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:11 am

there is hardly any ducks up in walworth and campbell countys right now so they are still north of us. There are fort peck,lake oahe, lake sharpe, francis case there might be one more but 4 damns for sure. Ya who ever told you that was on the wacky tabacky
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Previous

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting