Pheseants in South Dakota

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Pheseants in South Dakota

Postby Penguine » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:04 pm

Ok, one of you East River boys or girls speak up please. I am going to try and throw together a weekend pheasent hunt for Saturday. Where is a good place to go? I hear the Presho area is good, as is Pierre. Thoughts?
Penguine
hunter

Postby Kurt » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:27 pm

I am from mobridge and it is good around here with alot of public land. Pierre you will have to pay to have decent hunting dont know about presho
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:54 pm

Well i've heard of big die offs with this last snow storm we had. I have seen a ton though. Just drive around and you will see them. Best plan would be to walk shelter belts, since most if not all crp is blown in. Food plots are good too. Best bet would be up by Aberdeen or down by Winner. But like i said i've heard of some people losing up to 75% of the pheasants on there property due to the snow and ice. Best of luck to you. If you decided to make it around the Brookings area drop me a line.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby Penguine » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:19 am

Thanks! Just pulled up Winner, Abredeen, and Mobridge on Yahoo Maps. Kinda far to drive for a couple Pheasant. Oh well, maybe go out this weekend locally and pop some bunnies.

I wish we could hunt in the center of town. We have a lake here, Canyon Lake, that NEVER freezes and is always packed full of ducks and geese.
Penguine
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting