Gods Country

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Gods Country

Postby Erie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:59 am

Hey Fella's

I'm thinking about putting in for a weeks worth of leave around Turkey day and want to come back to SD. How much of the potholes do you think will be frozen up late November? I can remember chasing pheasants in late November but can't recall seeing anything frozen up that early. Also how are the bird numbers looking in the middle of the state? I'd most likely be around the Peirre area as I know a few spots there to hunt but mostly public land. Any info would help and so noone gets it twisted I AM NOT AKSING FOR A HONEY Hole just want overall site picture for SD for late Nov.

Thanks in advance!
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Re: Gods Country

Postby FowlMouthoutfitters » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:06 pm

I would imagine most of the potholes will be frooze up by turkey day they have been for the last couple years. Good number ducks in SD though
FowlMouthoutfitters
hunter

Postby crocodileednul9 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:54 pm

The Missouri River should be open around then with a good number of ducks and the potholes could be open but like the person above me said the last couple of years its been cold enough for the potholes to have ice on them.
crocodileednul9
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:55 am

Well as of right now. Nothing has froze up and doesn't look like that will happen for awhile. Hope you put in for the lottery otherwise you wont be able to hunt ducks.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby Erie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:13 pm

I am a resident just aren't stationed there anymore. That was one of the first things I did when I was stationed up there was to become a resident.
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Well in that case, things are just starting to crank up. So it would be worth the trip.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting