South Dakota Hunt

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

South Dakota Hunt

Postby waterfowl101 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Im planning a trip to sodak this fall for ducks and geese. I want to hunt mostly fields and bigger water. I want to try to kill mostly mallards pintails and divers. I'm gonna be bringing a big boat and a nice field setup. Im going to go around the clark/ watertown area. I was wondering when the best time would be to go I was thinking like 28-30 of october. Would this be a good time to kill some birds
Thanks
waterfowl101
hunter

Re: South Dakota Hunt

Postby pheasants » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:55 am

You are assumming that you draw and Non Res waterfowl license than right. Cause u do know that they have a draw for those?
pheasants
hunter

Re: South Dakota Hunt

Postby Dolsmi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:24 am

waterfowl101 wrote:Im planning a trip to sodak this fall for ducks and geese. I want to hunt mostly fields and bigger water. I want to try to kill mostly mallards pintails and divers. I'm gonna be bringing a big boat and a nice field setup. Im going to go around the clark/ watertown area. I was wondering when the best time would be to go I was thinking like 28-30 of october. Would this be a good time to kill some birds
Thanks

That will be a good time to go. You will hit the tail end of the local birds still being in the area, plus with any luck, there will be some sort of weather in No Dak or Canada that will push the first waves of birds down.
There is quite a lot of water in the area this year.
Make sure you do some scouting so you know where the birds are at.

Good Luck!
(If drawn, our group will be going out to So Dak those 10 days as well.) :thumbsup:
Dolsmi
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting