the elusive honker

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

the elusive honker

Postby chrtoflinski » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:55 pm

So this is my second year hunting waterfowl here in west river and i have definitely improved on the ducks but still cant get into the geese. From what i have seen through many miles of driving they are sticking to private ponds and still havent seen in fields. My question is how are goose numbers looking east river?
chrtoflinski
hunter

Re: the elusive honker

Postby argoattack » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:47 pm

From my observations, I think we are seeing some geese moving into the area. There is a pretty big population of residents in the area, but saw several flocks come out of Sand Lake last weekend. Also, quite a few moving around south of Aberdeen. It's only a matter of time and there will be geese all over East river.
argoattack
hunter

Re: the elusive honker

Postby AesSedai » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:15 am

i am down on the southern missouri and have seen nothing as far as geese are concerned. I am really hoping for some to start heading down this way soon. There are some ducks and some buddies of mine have done well on the local birds. nightime temps are dropping and most of the corn and beans are gone. I just want the farmers to stop tilling all the forage back into the soil.
just trying to learn more
Blake
AesSedai
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting