Looking to tag along

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Looking to tag along

Postby Dakotablood » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Hey guys/gals,
I just recently moved back to SD from OR and haven't hunted ducks/geese in SD before but was into it pretty big in OR. Anyways I'm just looking to see if I could tag along with someone to try and get some birds so I can get an idea of where I can go and so on, plus hunting is always funner with others. I live in western SD but am willing to travel a few hours for some hunting. So if anyone has some space I have my own equip and can help pay for gas or drive since I have a 4x4. Thanks and good hunting
Life's short hunt hard and fear no fish
Dakotablood
Newb

Re: Looking to tag along

Postby mike cook » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:29 pm

where you at in western SD ,Im fairly new to SD to ,Here from Utah and always looking for some to hunt with. Im in rapid city area . Let me know ,we can get out some time. :welcome:
"AMERICA FIRST" !
JOIN THE " NRA "
mike cook
hunter

Postby Dakotablood » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:41 pm

I'm in Spearfish but work in Rapid so I'm pretty mobile as far as how far I'll go. Message me back or you can email me at orhunter07@gmail.com and we'll figure something out...Thanks for the reply nice to know there's still some folks looking to help out some.
Dakotablood
Newb

Postby mike cook » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Hey we went out today and didn't see anything at all, Things are a little froze up right now but hope this week opens some stuff back up . Going to check out some hole south of here this week for a possible hunt next week end , Ill keep in touch on that, Nice to hear from you.
"AMERICA FIRST" !
JOIN THE " NRA "
mike cook
hunter

Postby Penguine » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:30 am

Don't believe Mike Cook... He is crazy! :biggrin: Just kidding. Hooked up and hunted with him a couple times since he has moved up here to Rapid City. Not sure how much duck hunting I will have going on cause it seems everywhere I have gone recently and in the past is frozen, but if yer still looking for company let me know. My son and I, and a couple folks I know out at Ellsworth AFB love to chase ducks/geese. Shoot me a PM.

Todd
Joel wrote:If God wanted a lab to point he would have gave them a stick.
Penguine
hunter

Postby mike cook » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Only crazy on days that end in a "Y" ! LOL, Thanks Todd! Yep good people to hunt with. (If his son gets out of bed) :lol3:
"AMERICA FIRST" !
JOIN THE " NRA "
mike cook
hunter

Postby Dakotablood » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:29 am

Hey Mike,
Just curious if you have had the chance to look around at all....Saw abunch of greenies at sheridan last weekend so I'm getting the itch real bad LOL. lemme know
Dakotablood
Newb

Postby mike cook » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:17 am

Still working so much that I have not been able to get out and scout out anything yet this year , I think work will be slowing down here soon and by then for this year things will probly be froze up for me ,Im still hopefull that I may get in some good hunts still yet this season. Don't give up theres still birds in the area! :beer:
"AMERICA FIRST" !
JOIN THE " NRA "
mike cook
hunter

Postby Dakotablood » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:31 pm

Ya I haven't looked around much either I might check out some of the local ponds that way i can check for birds and check for ice fishing. I also ice fish so if you do that we'll have to hit it up some time.
Dakotablood
Newb

Postby Penguine » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Never thought about looking at Sheridan, Pactola, or Deerfield so I got real curious and went to the GFP website and pulled up WILMA. Seems Sheridan does sit within the Black Hills National Forrest. Can honestly say I never saw any duck hunt it. As a matter of fact I never saw anyone duck hunt any of the hills resevoirs. But.... after a quick search of the hunting rules this pops up under General Laws on page 49...

•No person may discharge a weapon across or from a National Forest System road, or into a cave, or within 150 yards of a residence, building, campsite, or recreation area (Pactola, Sheridan, Deerfi eld, etc.). For a complete listing of USFS regulations,
please contact the Black Hills National Forest supervisors offi ce at 605-673-9200

Looks like the resevoirs could be packed full of birds and we would not be allowed to do anything about it, so....

I'm contemplating a pheasant shoot this coming weekend, 12/10 or 12/11 if anyone is interested in going? Let me know. Either post here or shoot me a text.

T
Joel wrote:If God wanted a lab to point he would have gave them a stick.
Penguine
hunter

Postby mike cook » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:03 pm

35 hours in two days , but im will probly be up for it this week end .Ill have to get with you later in the week,[ if I live through it ] these people ! :help: :help:
"AMERICA FIRST" !
JOIN THE " NRA "
mike cook
hunter

Postby Dakotablood » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:07 am

Can't say I've got that many hours lol but I'm down for going Sun I have to work Sat...lemme know what the plan is if it still works out. Thanks
Dakotablood
Newb

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting