ADVICE

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

ADVICE

Postby DGRUNLOH » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:42 am

HEY GUYS, my dad and I just got permits for 00B. Any advice for 2 guys from Illinois. We were thinking of hunting in the Glacial Lakes region. Are there any secrets to Hunting South Dakota.
DGRUNLOH
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:56 pm

1st off, :welcome: to DHC

I suggest that you order out the SD Maps and Laws that are avialble from the G&F dept.

SD is open mostly open prairie type of terrain compared to 600 SE of here.

Beware of the pheasant and deer openers and motels can be scarce.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Penguine » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:22 pm

www.sdgfp.info is packed with info.

Where is 00B? That must be on the East side correct? Sorry I am not knowledgeable about the other side of the state. We stick to the West side, mainly cause we are to cheap to drive past Pierre.
Penguine
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:16 am

If your are talking about early goose. Than you will be hunting in the following counties: Marshall, Roberts, Day, Grant, Clark, Codington, Hamlin and Deuel. From what I hear the farther north the bigger flocks of geese you will run into. I heard of people seeing wheat fields with a thousand plus geese feeding in it. And right now it will probably be either hit or miss. If you can find fields they cut for silage than that would probably be your best bet. Your going to have to do alot of scouting as well, but good luck.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting