Whos going out?

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Whos going out?

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:14 am

So who is all going out hunting this weekend and trying to get some geese, i am going back up to aberdeen to try my luck up by sand lake. Ive also noticed between mitchell and aberdeen there has been alot of farmers that have been cutting there corn already, do you guys this the ducks and geese will stay around this fall or will they just keep going because im sure there won't be food out in the fields like other years.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:46 pm

I'm going out all weekend. Noticed that the crops were already being chopped for silage. Which could be really good for the weekend. But the long run could be bad. The only place I know of in the state where crops really didn't get hurt is around Brookings and Sioux Falls. Wish eveyone luck.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby Penguine » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:10 pm

Early goose season is to far away, and by to far away I mean on the other side of the state. We dont have that season over here on the East side.
Penguine
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:35 pm

well up by the britton area they must have gotten good amounts of rain because the crops were still all green up there. we shot 11 on saturday that was it for last weekend. this weekend we are going to try and go out again then its back off to mitchell for school.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting