Fall 2013 trip

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Fall 2013 trip

Postby jm2hayes » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:59 am

A group of us from north carolina ( including one SD native from sioux city) have been coming out to SD pheasant hunting for last 8 years. This year we thought about mixing in some duck hunting. We usually plan for last week of October, fly into Sioux Falls and hunt around Chamberlain. Would be interested in connecting with someone in that area to see what our options are. We'll go ahead and put in for the license draw. Any info or contacts appreciated?
jm2hayes
hunter

Re: Fall 2013 trip

Postby tornadochaser » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Chamberlin area might be hit or miss if its dry this year. Take a look at google earth, a lot of imagery for eastern SD was updated with photos from summer and fall 2012, you'll start to get an idea of where the water is on a dry year. Late season could be a much better time along the river, but i'm not sure what access is like in that area.

Sent from my DROID Pro
tornadochaser
hunter

Re: Fall 2013 trip

Postby WallyDuck » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:28 am

Go to sdgfp.com and look at public hunting atlas. Most of the public around Chamberlain is on the river. I've never hunted the river around there. Check the public areas on google maps, looking for car/ boat acces areas. Keep in mind it has been dry, just cause the map shows water doesn't meen it's still there.
WallyDuck
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting