Looking to Move

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Looking to Move

Postby Ace088 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:25 pm

I am looking to move out to the SD area looking for any info on best cities to live/work and hunt in. I have been looking at the Aberdeen area. I am an avid waterfowl and pheasant hunter. Any info will be helpful thank you.
Ace088
hunter

Re: Looking to Move

Postby WallyDuck » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:06 am

Where are you moving from? Do you want to live in a "city" or a small town. I live in Sioux Falls, a decent size city with all of the amenities. It is surrounded by smaller towns to have small town feeling, with the convienence of the city. There is good hunting/ fishing within 30 miles. I've worked in Aberdeen for months, and I couldn't live there unless I hunted or fished 4 or more days a week. But those are the towns closest to great hunting, but are still only 2-3 hours away (Aberdeen, Watertown, Pierre). Rapid City 1 year was voted best town for sportsman by Outdoor Mag. Cost of living, big game, fishing, and an hour or so from great upland and waterfowl.
WallyDuck
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:24 am

Sioux falls, Aberdeen, Watertown; all towns with healthy economies, and good recreation opportunities. Lots of great smaller towns too, might not offer the employment you seek though.
What field of work are you looking for?

Sent from my DROID Pro
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby Ace088 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:27 pm

I currently live in a small town in WI just looking for the general area to move to. All of those cities came up as options for me and size of town does not matter to me. As to what type of job I am fairly open. I graduated about 4 years ago and have a business degree so fairly flexable as to type of job just looking for anything related. That is good to know that those towns are thriving I have heard that there are quite a few jobs in Aberdeen after speaking to the Aberdeen tourism booth guy at phesant fest last month.Thanks for all the info.
Ace088
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting