Asking for your help

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Asking for your help

Postby glrizzz » Sun May 26, 2013 3:23 pm

New to Sioux Falls & would greatly appreciate any help in suggesting waterfowl, turkey, deer, muskrat trapping hunting areas near Sioux Falls. Maybe we could hook up & I'll buy the shells!
Thanks!!
Greg
glrizzz
hunter

Re: Asking for your help

Postby tornadochaser » Sun May 26, 2013 6:01 pm

Deer you'll have to really put in some work to get on good private land within 45 minutes of town, but if you take advantage of doe tags and the muzzleloader season, there is good public land especially later in the season when the does and fawns are grouping up. Probably the same with turkeys, I don't hunt them though. Trapping rats has been really popular the last few seasons, but knocking on some doors west of town in the areas with potholes might get you onto some sloughs.

As far as waterfowling, scouting and persistence can get you some good shoots within a half hour of town. There can be a lot of competition but there are a lot of birds that move through too. A good traffic field can be golden late in the season when the sloughs are froze up and the birds are down to using the river or open holes on some of the lakes.

Sent from my DROID Pro
tornadochaser
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting