How did everyone do

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

How did everyone do

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:26 pm

How did everyone do this last weekend. Since the whole state was open for ducks and geese. On Saturday we had a 8 man limit of ducks and 6 geese. Should of had more geese but shooting at this point in time was going down hill. On Sunday we had a 4 man limit of ducks and 1 goose.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:40 pm

Well didn't find a spot to go on saturday, but sunday we got 6 ducks and 6 geese with 3 people, should have had one more duck, but somehow it got up and flew away after we shot it :umm:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Sorensen » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:12 pm

I hunted alone on some land south of Brookings and shot my five. Sweated my ass off, and did not go out on sunday, too hot, also there was combing to be done.
Sorensen
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:24 am

There was a bunch of combining going on Sunday. So hopefully we can get into some bean fields for the weekend.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby Sorensen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:44 pm

We have been combining beans all week. Doing anywhere from 60-80 acres a day. So there will be plenty of fields open south of Flandreau, however there are few decent ponds in our area that hold ducks so the field hunting would be tough.
Sorensen
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:07 am

But from experience the ducks would rather feed in a field than a slough. So I would check all of your bean fields, there should be some ducks in one of them and if not ducks geese.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby Sorensen » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:11 pm

The ducks and geese have still been feeding in the cut sillage fields, but if the grain runs out in them then for sure they will be hitting the beans hard. There is also not a decent slough or for about 7 or 8 miles in my area, so there are very few ducks. However the geese are usually thick.
Sorensen
hunter

Postby girls_hunt_too! » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:31 pm

:cool: My group of 5 cleaned up opener Saturday. The ducks on public land were smarter by opener Sunday. We decoyed not too far away from the pickups and we suspect that scared most of them off. Partner and I got 5 total that day. No hunting last weekend- had to work at the sporting goods counter and hear about everyone else hunting. :pissed: Planing to head out tomorrow. Friends went out yesterday and this evening (without ME! :pissed: ) and got limits with ducks and moderate sucess with canadians. Good luck to all of you who are heading out! :smile:
girls_hunt_too!
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting