Need a little help and advice........

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Need a little help and advice........

Postby Tennesseeducks » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:32 pm

Hello everyone, a couple of friends of mine and I are coming to South Dakota to pheasant hunt. We have a guide and the whole nine yards. We were also interested in doing some duck hunting but when we called, they told my friend South Dakota was out of out of state waterfowl license. Is is possible for out of state hunters to hunt with a guide? Any information would be greatly appreciated. We would really like to do some duck hunting in South Dakota. We will be in South Dakota November 15 - 20.

Thanks in advance
Tennesseeducks
Tennesseeducks
Newb

Postby BurnZ » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:35 am

South dakota has a limited number of Non-resident licenses. And you have to apply for the licenses by a certain date (i think it was july 15th). If all of the licenses for the different zones don't get issued. they will hold a second drawing. But i think that normally by this time all non-resident licenses have been issued. If you want to be sure though, i would contact the guide and they would be able to contact the fish and wild life service to see if there were any licenses left in their zone.
"Alcohol..... the cause and AND solution to all of lifes problems" ......... Homer Simpson
BurnZ
hunter

Postby Tennesseeducks » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:03 am

I appreciate the advice. I guess we will have to stick with pheasants for the week. Nothing wrong with that though!
Tennesseeducks
Newb

Postby SDwaterfowler » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:38 pm

You will still have plenty of fun getting after those pheasants. Especiall at that time of year. Most of the crops have been harvested by then forcing the pheasants to take cover in other places.

But I would still check into the duck license for sure just in case. It would be a shame to come here and then later on find out you could have gotten a license. SD may be known for its pheasants but we have some great duck hunting too.
SDwaterfowler
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting