Guided hunt

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Guided hunt

Postby Alex.18 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:12 am

Hey guys. Im looking for a guided hunt for myself and 2 of my buddies. Were from Louisiana and want to make a trip up north this season for a change of scenery. If there are any guide services you have used or would recommend, please let me know. Looking for mallards/pintails and geese so what would be the best time of the season to get up there an hunt? Thanks in advance
Alex.18
hunter

Re: Guided hunt

Postby tornadochaser » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:45 am

Did you draw a non resident license?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby Alex.18 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:32 pm

No. Just looking to get some different species than were used to down here. Lately weve been short on mallards and pintails. Were going to do everything nexessary to hunt legally (licenses, stamps, permits, etc.), but we need more info on all of that also
Alex.18
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:23 am

SD runs a lottery for their non resident waterfowl licenses. The draw was in july. There are some left over licenses for private land only along the missouri river...mainly those are used by clients of guides targeting late season geese. Could be an option for you.

Otherwise, load up 4 dozen goose silhouettes, 3 mojos, a few layout blinds, a dozen duck floaters and some binoculars and drive to ND and freelance. No guide needed.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby recker » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:50 pm

South Dakota is the last state you would ever need a guide but without a license you will have to wait until next year.
recker
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting