Sad

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Sad

Postby SDwaterfowler » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:23 am

Was out scouting by Lake Preston yesterday. Drove down a road that was lower than low maintenance and at the end of the path I found a pile of about 30+ roosters and a couple ducks. The birds were still fairly fresh so I would guess it had happened in the past couple weeks. My only guesses would be that a)a group of hunters shot way more than their limit and dumped the rest there or b)a group of hunters had a great hunt and then decided they didn't feel like cleaning all the birds. Whatever happened, it was a sad sight to see.
SDwaterfowler
hunter

Postby SDwaterfowler » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:31 am

And as long as we are on the topic of sad stories, did everyone read the story in the Argus a couple weeks ago about the dog that got shot in the face (intentionally) by a group of hunters? If not, I will summarize. A guy from Viborg was out hunting on the Missouri River. Another group of hunters in a blind about 250 yards away skybusted a bird that locked its wings and sailed about 1/4 mile away. Their dog wouldn't make the retrieve but the viborg man's yellow lab did. The group of hunters shot at the dog as it was coming back with the bird, filling its face with bb's and causing it to go blind.

I guess there is always going the be the bad apples in every activity there is.
SDwaterfowler
hunter

Postby the legend » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:46 pm

if they did that to my dog,i think id have to shoot back. i hope they get molested in the pen.
"A legend in his own mind."
the legend
hunter

I HATE THAT!

Postby Dep666 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:46 pm

You know its S#@$ like that I hate! I work in law enforcement and just recently I took a guy to court for throwing a 2 yr old Pug out a 2nd story apt. window. Now I really don't like barkin squirrel dogs, but this incident really steamed me. It took everything I had to keep my hands from wrapping around this son of a B's neck! You know why he did it?????He told the judge that his cats were being attacked by this 5 lb pug and he was protecting his cats...... The judge ended up letting the guy go on his own recognisance ....even on a felony animal cruelty charge!

Anyway back to this poor Lab....Were those a$$holes ever caught? You know if someone ever did that to my dog, the plug would have come out, and in goes the T shot......" Now which one of you DI#$ Heads shot my hunting partner?"
Dep666
hunter

Postby SDwaterfowler » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:46 pm

I have no idea what the outcome of the situation was. I can only hope and pray that the guys that shot the dog were punished for what they did. I say send them out in a field and make them run towards a bunch of hunters shooting shotgun loads at their faces.
SDwaterfowler
hunter

Postby longlakesd » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:19 pm

good idea friken retards omg thats stupid yea i hope them guys get punished.
Impeach Cuomo .... sign this petition

http://impeachandrewcuomo.com/?
longlakesd
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:32 pm

Wow :eek: What kind of person shoots a dog in plain sight of its owner? :mad: Were they locals that did the shooting?

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting