ducking hunting question for SD

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

ducking hunting question for SD

Postby fishhunt22 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:43 pm

Hello,
Every year I go up to Clark, SD to go pheasant hunting. I wanted to go duck hunting in the morning before we hit the fields for pheasants. Does anyone know any local guides or places to do duck hunting? Do you think I'm wasting my time? Any information woulld be great.

Mike T
miketraeger@gmail.com
fishhunt22
hunter

Postby Kurt » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:32 am

If you are a nonresident you have to apply for a waterfowl license. I dont know when the deadline is for sending it in is. I have hunted that area alot and the duck hunting is great over there.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:21 am

You have to sign up for a non resident waterfowl liscens. I believe the dead line is sometime in July. And duck hunting in that area can be great.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Duck hunting

Postby fishhunt22 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:04 pm

I know I have to apply for an out of state Lic. I just didn't want to apply if I could have a place set up to hunt in the area. Any information would be great. Happy hunting.

Mike T
fishhunt22
hunter

Postby Kurt » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:43 pm

I dont know any guides for waterfowl around there, but there is alot of public land. That is all i ever hunted and was never disapointed. Just get a map of the wpa and game production areas. Who ever you are hunting pheasants with there should be able to point you in the right direction
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:11 am

Who ever your hunting with might also have some fields or sloughs for you too hunt. Check it out. Or just drive around in the evening or watch where the birds are going while your pheasant hunting. And then theres the public thing. There are plenty of place for you too hunt. Just go too it.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby longlakesd » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:16 pm

has anyone hunted ducks in mcpherson county ?? i did this year like once for the 1st time in my life since im from rural new york not new york city and i just about crapped my pants haha im not kidding you guys in southdakota must be used to it but i saw thousands of ducks just circling over my hea din range and it drove me crazy i wish the friken license thign would frigen change but w/e i hope i get chosen for my license again ahh i cant wait.
Impeach Cuomo .... sign this petition

http://impeachandrewcuomo.com/?
longlakesd
hunter

Postby SDATVER » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:49 pm

longlakesd wrote:has anyone hunted ducks in mcpherson county ?? i did this year like once for the 1st time in my life since im from rural new york not new york city and i just about crapped my pants haha im not kidding you guys in southdakota must be used to it but i saw thousands of ducks just circling over my hea din range and it drove me crazy i wish the friken license thign would frigen change but w/e i hope i get chosen for my license again ahh i cant wait.

Did most of my hunting in mcpherson county
Franchi 912 Variomax
Winchester 1300
Browning BPS 10ga.
SDATVER
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting