New Guy

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

New Guy

Postby ducksandbucks » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:03 pm

Hey everybody I am the new guy who don't Where to go shoot some ducks
I just moved here last year from Michigan and i grew shootin greenheads and woodies on the inland lakes and bluebills cans and redheads in the saginaw bay lake huron area out here i am completely lost i have no idea where to start I am not asking for any body to give up there honeyhole but it would be helpful if someone could point me the right direction its a big state!

Any advice would be great thanks alot :help: :help:

"a bad day on the marsh is better than a good day at work"[/quote]
ducksandbucks
Newb

Postby the legend » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:20 pm

grab a south dakota hunting atlas, it shows all the public land, and there is plenty everywhere. just follow your atlas, and scout for ducks, and hit the best lookin holes. there is no stupid standin in line for a blind number here, so just show up early to get your spot. sportsmanship rules here, and for the most part, people wont blast over your decoys, and if you are there first, they will generally move here. there are laws against messin with someones hunt, so if you are harassed at a spot you were at first, call a warden. for the most part, everyone leaves ya alone here, though. the most problems you will have are some kids trying to skybust everything within a mile.
"A legend in his own mind."
the legend
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting