New...

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

New...

Postby sdduckhunter125 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:24 am

Hey to all,
Just found the site and wanted to tell everyone hello from the NE part of the state. If you have any question abou this part of the area just let me know and I will answer them.
Lance
We wack'em and stack'em up here.

Haviner Outdoors
I'm havin it....are you?
sdduckhunter125
hunter

Postby clevelandduckbuster » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:08 pm

I am going to be in Lily the first week of November, I was wondering if anyone could throw me a bone? We are going to be on private land with some slews, and a lake or two.

1. what kind of birds will be in the area
2. will the snows be around? ( I have never bagged one)
3. I drew a swan permit, will there be any in the area?
4. big or little spread for geese?
5. Will we have to deal with ice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated I am very excited to come to SD, I can not wait!!

Oh and how is the pheasant hunting in that area?
clevelandduckbuster
Newb

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:53 pm

To answer your questions it just depends. This is South Dakota. When it gets closer post up again and we'll be able to help better. And you can shoot almost any kind of duck in South Dakota.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby sdduckhunter125 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:33 pm

Cleveland,
To answer some of your questions.
1. At that time in the season, just about any kind of duck you can think of. All of the teal well be gone but all of the big ducks will be around.
2. If there will be any snows and blues it will be the first flocks of them and they will be hard to decoy but you will possible to pass shoot some.
3. Yes the swans should still be around that area. They come through here about two weeks early and we are north of lily a ways.
4. Spread size is hard to say it matters how many are in the field. I usally hunt over 6 to 10 dzn full bodies that time of year. We usally are shooting the migrating mallard so it is a mixed spread.
5. Possibally yes. I had friends from Mississippi up last year that same week and we froze over about half way through thier week of hunting.

If you have any more questions I will try to answer them for you.
Lance
We wack'em and stack'em up here.

Haviner Outdoors
I'm havin it....are you?
sdduckhunter125
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting