NE-SD Firewater

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

NE-SD Firewater

Postby CDK » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:54 pm

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows how much land these guys have leased up in the last few years? We've hunted the area around there for years and this year we could not get on a single feild that had birds in it, we stopped at five different land owners and they all said that Firewater had it leased. Just wondering how far we'll have to move to get away from them? We did just fine hunting them on water but we like to get in a couple of good feild shoots also.
CDK
hunter

Postby CDK » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Anyone else run into the same problem?
CDK
hunter

Postby huntnfish89 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:18 am

I haven't heard of these guys?? Where are you located?
huntnfish89
DHC Sponsor

Postby CDK » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:32 pm

There west of Rosholt about five miles, north of cottenwood lake a few miles. I think there southern boys that guide up here. Maybe we just got unlucky and all the birds were working the feilds they have leased, but like I said we asked five differnent farmers and they were all leased by Firewater.
CDK
hunter

Postby Kurt » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:17 pm

Do they hunt pheasants to or just waterfowl. I think it would be a tough go of it on just waterfowl with the lottery to get a license. Looked them up on the internet and a guy from ok is a guide i think he is on the avery prostaff. Those guys must have a bunch of money to make that work. They should make all guides be licensed that would cut down on the people just trying to make a quick buck and giving people bad experiences.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby CDK » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:24 am

Yeah its a bunch of Avery guys, Justin Tacket the waterdog guy is involved with it, I think they specialize in waterfowl feild hunting. Can you guide on water in SD? Yeah I'd say they have some money backing them. On the team waterdog website they have a video clip with the heading Rosholt, SD, I hate when hunting shows give out locations.
CDK
hunter

Postby Kurt » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:52 am

ya you can guide on private water.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby Speck attack » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:11 am

Firewater is no longer operating as a commercial operation. Maybe this will help out freelancing in the area. Do you need a guide licenses to guide in South Dakota? I know you need one in Arkansas if you get caught guiding with out one your in some deep turd.
Speck attack
hunter

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:36 am

No you dont need to have licenense to guide in sd. I wish that they would change it and make it manditory. Would cut down on the people that are doing a bad job just to make a quick buck.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby dwaw » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:02 pm

becareful what you wish for.
dwaw
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting