Winter Sucks - check this out...

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Winter Sucks - check this out...

Postby huntmup » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:20 am

Hey guys (and gals).

Winter Sucks. Not really but it sounds cool - I actually love our 4 seasons - but probably less on the winter side...

I digress...

Most of you probably have a trusty retriever you hunted with in the duck blind this fall - and you may or may not have been totally pleased with his/her performance. If you are at all interested in having a better retriever come check us out...

We are the Dakota Hunting Retriever Club - we are based out of Sioux Falls and are a non-profit retriever club. We get together 1 to 8 times a month January through August and train and test our dogs so that when opening day comes around we have the best dog in the duck blind.. ;-)

I'm telling you this because it's winter and folks (that don't fish) may be looking to get the dog out of the house - well we're holding obedience classes every Saturday at Mini-Critters' indoor training facility from 1-4 and we've already held a couple of outdoor training days.

In February we're going to have at least one 'upland' training day and we'll for sure have a couple 'standard' training days - ...

In March we're holding an upland test in Alexandria - if your hound can do a couple simple tasks ;-) he can run the test for points towards titles and eventually a championship...

Most of our folks don't test - we're hunters that want a better hunting dog on opening day. We use ducks & pigeons & pheasants in training and would love to have more folks out to help us help you...

Our website is www.dakotahrc.com

SMO
huntmup
hunter

Postby Penguine » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:07 pm

Sioux Falls... Figures. Why ya'll gotta be on the other side of the state?
Move west man, like all the way to Rapid City!
Joel wrote:If God wanted a lab to point he would have gave them a stick.
Penguine
hunter

Postby Kurt » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:51 am

Winter Rules :biggrin: Image
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby huntmup » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:55 am

Dude - that's a 6" fish 8" from the camera .....

Nice - puts all mine to shame this winter...

We've got some HRC'ers in Rapid too - drop me a PM & I can hook you guys up... There's also an AKsea club out there

SMO
huntmup
hunter

Postby Kurt » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:02 pm

That is a 28 1/2 fish that weighs 8 1/2 pounds picture was taken with a phone. Lake oahe is awsome this year. if you are in mobridge ever i will let you check the fish out. That picture does not do the fish justice but being on the wall does.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting