Duck hunting in Southeast ND

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Duck hunting in Southeast ND

Postby fishhunt22 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:30 pm

Hello guys,
Every year I go pheasant & duck hunting on a farm near Aberdeen SD. We didn't get the lottery this year for Non-resident waterfowler. We are still planning on going pheasant hunting but we were thinking about driving up to ND near Oakes ND and try to hunt ducks in the morning and then run back to hunt pheasants in SD. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for hunting duck near Oakes ND. Would it be worth it? Any information would be great. I would even swap a hunting in PA or FL. Thanks for your help. and shoot straight.

Mike Traeger
miketraeger@earthlink.net
727-642-8297
fishhunt22
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:08 pm

Might have better luck posting in the ND forum. I'm sure you'd have pretty good luck, if you scout and went across the border.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

oaks, nd

Postby deadriver » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:08 pm

I hunted that area about 15 years ago and it was pretty good then. We hunted Oaks and Hankinson area the first time I went to the praires. There are some good sized public sloughs up there, off the moraine, that allowed limits of everything from mallards to cans...

Good luck. I guess I should not take for granted that we got drawn since I have been stuck here in the East each winter for the last 3 years. Look forward to our trip, as I always do. The 26 hr drive has gotten longer every year..........ahh to be 20 again.

On second thought. If I were 20 again, i would never see the dakotas cause i could not afford the gas. :eek:
Dream big and dare to fail
deadriver
Newb

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting