Non Resident Permit

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Non Resident Permit

Postby gsphunter » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:18 am

Any of you guys know how Non Resident waterfowl licenses work. Admin2 told me that he thinks it is a lottery system. Just checking it out to see, because I'm planning on taking a trip up that way this fall for ducks and pheasants.

Also what are the costs for the non resident waterfowl permits? Thanks for the help!
gsphunter
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:41 am

Seriously, none of you know anything about this?

Not telling me about this isn't going to keep me from making a trip up there, but I just thought this would be easier than doing some research on my own if one of you guys knew it already.

I'm sure someone on here knows someting about non-resident licenses and permits.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:36 am

Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby ShortReed » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:30 pm

gsp... it is a lottery system and the success rate for drawing on the statewide nr licenses last year was about 86%. A statewide license runs $110 which is valid for a 10 day period. Once you are drawn, they communicate the actual season as it's not set prior to the drawing, then you select your 10 day period. They raised the number of licenses this year, so the success rate may be higher this year, I don't know.

Hope that helps some.
Clint
Take 'em
ShortReed
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:04 am

Thanks alot guys that helps. I just wanted to make sure it was a lottery system so I knew if I had to put in for it or if I could just drive up and buy one. Thanks again for the help.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:47 pm

Sometimes the 3 day NR lic are still available--I'd call the F&G and ask if any are still availble and in which districts. You do not have say which date when you buy it ahead of time, so it'll give you some flexibility.

I wish the SD F&G woiuld come out with a Fall Snow Goose Only NR Lic. Like $25 for 3 days or $50 for 14 days. :yes: Right now all NR lics are good for all waterfowl, so lots of competition for them.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting