Duck Hunting Forum banner

Moving to Spearfish

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  longlakesd 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am moving to Spearfish to work for the Forest Service. I am an avid hunter, fisherman, and trapper and was curious on the opportunties available in the area. I was wondering how far I would I have to travel to get into some good duck and goose hunting? Also is there any good trapping in the area? thanks

Nick

#2 ·
Not sure about trapping opportunities, but hunting/fishing/etc, dude your moving to a GREAT area. Spearfish is a beautiful city, and right in the hills. You name it, you can probably get a license to hunt for it in and around the hills.

Stop in to Cabelas in Rapid City, as for Todd (me) at the gun/NICS counter or Thomas over in the hunting department, usually near the duck calls/decoys.

When you coming to the West Side?

#3 ·
I am 16 from NY and go to south dakota once every year during early november with my family for pheasant and duck hunting. If it wasnt for my family hear I would run away as fast as i could and go live in South Dakota..... I love it out there you guys dont know how good you got it .. or maybe you do but ahh hopefully the hutning stays good out there so i can go there someday to live, hunt, and fish. :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.