SD Waterfowling need advice

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

SD Waterfowling need advice

Postby roger5828 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:45 am

Myself and several hunting friends are travelling to SD at the end of October and I am in need of some waterfowling advice. We are staying just west of Aberdeen. If anyone could help out and give me some advice on locations to hunt and hunting conditions (big water/lakes/ponds/walk in/etc) it would be appreciated. I will certainly reciprocate if anyone ever makes it to Maryland to hunt waterfowl.
roger5828
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:49 pm

When you get to Aberdeen get yourself one of the Walkin maps and drive around and scout. Most land owners will let you hunt ducks and geese and let them know you are just hunting those. Otherwise you're in a great area for waterfowl.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby Kurt » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:45 pm

Start driving in any direction and scout. Go where you find the ducks/geese the next morning and have at it. Dont know if the place is still open but in bristol(not to far west of aberdeen) right on hiway 12 is a good restraunt to get a steak in, and alot of water in that area. I live in mobridge which is 100 miles west on 12 from aberdeen
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting