Prairie Chickens

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Prairie Chickens

Postby patrick.carrington » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:29 pm

A bit off topic but I am headed to the grass lands in a month or so to steal some birds from you guys and was wondering. I have hunted the Pierre National Grasslands for a few years but was looking to go near Rapid City. Is there any public Land in that direction. My best friend just moved to Rapid and where trying to find a common ground to meet. I would like to stay with him instead of camping in the grassland so we where hoping to find some area near him to hunt. The fish and game web site didn't have much. We both just came from Florida and will trade for some Florida Hot spots if anyone is headed that way?
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:47 am

I know there is quite a bit of public land to the north of Rapid. All your buddy needs to do is go to a Cabelas or Scheels and get a free public lands map. And it will show all of public in the state. If he can't find one let me know and I could probably mail one to him. Have any other questions ask.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby Penguine » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:21 pm

you can find the entire SD public map at http://www.sdgfp.info.

Or like was posted above, come on in to Cabelas and ask for a book. We have them behind the gun counter and also at Customer Service.
Joel wrote:If God wanted a lab to point he would have gave them a stick.
Penguine
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting