Water Conditions NE?

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Water Conditions NE?

Postby deadriver » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:17 pm

Heading out during prime time but the NOAA maps indicate that central part of the state is dry. The NE looks to have had rainfall. Can anyone report observed water conditions for the NE region. Usually hunt the Amherst area...

As always, any help is appreciated.

I will meet up with a buddy from Mitchell area but he has not been up there this summer so it could turn out to be expensive to drive all around just to find low water.
Dream big and dare to fail
deadriver
Newb

Postby duckp » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Lots of water up here.Sloughs are in great shape.On the other hand,some areas were devastated by straight line winds and hail.Lots of waterfowl and upland birds killed.On my place,I went from lots of ducks and pheasants to about half the pre-storm ducks and near zero pheasants.Wind and hail are bird killers.Lots of crop loss and serious property damage as well of course.Pick your area carefully.The Webster,Roslyn,Grenville areas hit very hard.
duckp
hunter

Postby duckp » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:25 pm

Water levels NE still good but with ongoing unseasonable heat and wind the levels dropping rapidly.
duckp
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting