Duck Hunting Forum banner

Wensday's AM hunt

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  SDATVER 
#1 ·
This was done in just under 3 hours with my friend.

2 ruddy ducks, 2 wigeons, 3 gadwall, 2 mallards, and of course the 2 geese

See less See more
#4 ·
You got some nice birds there man! I love those drake wigeon. Its unusual to find some nice color on the birds this early, but that first cold snap we had before opening weekend kind of jump started the maturing process. I shot a really, really nice drake wigeon about 10 years ago and ended up putting it on the wall. I myself hunt in the Long Lake (McPherson County) and we shot some real nice drake redheads and canvasbacks opening weekend. I ended up putting both a red and a canvas in the freezer for the taxidermy. We should meet up sometime and blast some quackers!

#5 ·
DeadEye81 said:
You got some nice birds there man! I love those drake wigeon. Its unusual to find some nice color on the birds this early, but that first cold snap we had before opening weekend kind of jump started the maturing process. I shot a really, really nice drake wigeon about 10 years ago and ended up putting it on the wall. I myself hunt in the Long Lake (McPherson County) and we shot some real nice drake redheads and canvasbacks opening weekend. I ended up putting both a red and a canvas in the freezer for the taxidermy. We should meet up sometime and blast some quackers!
Its been over 10 years for my last canvas back and I dont even know the last time I saw one.

#6 ·
Hey man...
Do you live in Aberdeen or the the area?
I know just about everyone in Aberdeen and if I don't, my father (owns the Sportsman here in Aberdeen) does. I have some out of staters coming to hunt 4 out of the next 5 weekends, but may have some time during the week. What is your name? Maybe we have met before.

#9 ·
longlakesd said:
Dead Eye I dont know if you got my pm or not but are you familiar with the small town of Long Lake my dad owns a house out there near the recreation center. Do you happen to know John Fischer, or Tom Weller? Or in Hosmer at City Liquor do you know the bartender Mary??
I know John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.