Wensday's AM hunt

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Wensday's AM hunt

Postby rustychev » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:31 pm

This was done in just under 3 hours with my friend.

2 ruddy ducks, 2 wigeons, 3 gadwall, 2 mallards, and of course the 2 geese
rustychev
hunter

Postby spoonerlab » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:59 pm

nice and where do you find ruddy ducks :huh: , besides south dakota, cuz ive never seen them in Maryland
I'll keep my guns, my money, my freedom and my religion. You can keep "the change."
spoonerlab
hunter

Postby spartansfan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:27 pm

we get a lot here in michigan on the great lakes but i usually pass on them because they are pritty stupid compared to most ducks and i dont particullary like the taste. although they dont spook very easy, there one of those ducks that dives before they fly
its here!
spartansfan
hunter

Nice shootin'

Postby DeadEye81 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:45 pm

You got some nice birds there man! I love those drake wigeon. Its unusual to find some nice color on the birds this early, but that first cold snap we had before opening weekend kind of jump started the maturing process. I shot a really, really nice drake wigeon about 10 years ago and ended up putting it on the wall. I myself hunt in the Long Lake (McPherson County) and we shot some real nice drake redheads and canvasbacks opening weekend. I ended up putting both a red and a canvas in the freezer for the taxidermy. We should meet up sometime and blast some quackers!
DeadEye81
hunter

Re: Nice shootin'

Postby rustychev » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:19 am

DeadEye81 wrote:You got some nice birds there man! I love those drake wigeon. Its unusual to find some nice color on the birds this early, but that first cold snap we had before opening weekend kind of jump started the maturing process. I shot a really, really nice drake wigeon about 10 years ago and ended up putting it on the wall. I myself hunt in the Long Lake (McPherson County) and we shot some real nice drake redheads and canvasbacks opening weekend. I ended up putting both a red and a canvas in the freezer for the taxidermy. We should meet up sometime and blast some quackers!

Its been over 10 years for my last canvas back and I dont even know the last time I saw one.
rustychev
hunter

We gotta meet up sometime

Postby DeadEye81 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:45 am

Hey man...
Do you live in Aberdeen or the the area?
I know just about everyone in Aberdeen and if I don't, my father (owns the Sportsman here in Aberdeen) does. I have some out of staters coming to hunt 4 out of the next 5 weekends, but may have some time during the week. What is your name? Maybe we have met before.
DeadEye81
hunter

Postby rustychev » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:32 pm

nope down in Sioux Falls
rustychev
hunter

Postby longlakesd » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:30 pm

Dead Eye I dont know if you got my pm or not but are you familiar with the small town of Long Lake my dad owns a house out there near the recreation center. Do you happen to know John Fischer, or Tom Weller? Or in Hosmer at City Liquor do you know the bartender Mary??
Impeach Cuomo .... sign this petition

http://impeachandrewcuomo.com/?
longlakesd
hunter

Postby SDATVER » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:27 pm

longlakesd wrote:Dead Eye I dont know if you got my pm or not but are you familiar with the small town of Long Lake my dad owns a house out there near the recreation center. Do you happen to know John Fischer, or Tom Weller? Or in Hosmer at City Liquor do you know the bartender Mary??

I know John
Franchi 912 Variomax
Winchester 1300
Browning BPS 10ga.
SDATVER
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting