Any places near Winner to go duck/goose hunting?

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Any places near Winner to go duck/goose hunting?

Postby hood » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:08 am

Hey guys, me and some buds are gonna be coming up for a pheasant/sharptail hunt in early November. We're gonna be in a town called Winner, SD for four days. Just wondering if there are any guides and good places to hunt waterfowl near this area while we're there. I can't seem to find anything on the internet! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
hood
hunter

Postby JWG » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:46 pm

If your here in November, you won't need a guide. There should, SHOULD, be plenty of snow geese no matter where ya go. Most people don't mind anyone hunitng snow geese around here. I haven't heard of any guides around Winner for waterfowl, but I'm sure upland guides make certain contributions to the early riser like yourself.
JWG
hunter

southdakota waterfowling

Postby hood » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:10 am

I know our guide hasn't mentioned it. I'll hit him up about it. I'm coming from middle Georgia so I don't know a soul in South Dakota. You know anyone in that area who maybe interested or any good public hunting areas?
hood
hunter

Postby duckaholic_16p » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:57 pm

i would also be interested in a hunt around winner. I have been up there the last 2 years praire dog hunting and had a great time. There doesnt seem to be alot of water around so i dont know anything about the birds. When we were there this year we talked to some guys uptown with some ag company and they said you needed to be closer to the river....but who knows....if theres a chance to kill birds i would go.
duckaholic_16p
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:41 pm

There is more ducks and geese on the east side of the river because there is more farm land, its not all grassland.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby duckbuster » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:51 am

:withstupid:
Just making my way the only way i know how!
duckbuster
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting