non-resident waterfowl license?

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

non-resident waterfowl license?

Postby hood » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:40 am

Hey guys, me and a couple of friends are going pheasant hunting in south dakota in november. We're from out of state and thought it would be cool to hunt some ducks and geese while we're up there. I looked on the south dakota hunting website with all the rules, seasons, etc. We're already paying $110 to hunt birds (pheasants) because we're from out of state. All I saw on the site was something saying we'd have to apply for a lottery drawing to hunt ducks/geese. And, apparently, we've already missed the deadline! Please tell me I'm missing something. If that's the case, would we also have pay a seperate fee ($110) to hunt ducks and geese in addition to the $110 we have to pay for a license to hunt pheasants?
hood
hunter

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:17 pm

Ya it is a lottery to get a out of state waterfowl license here dont know the cost but if you missed the lottery the only way to hunt geese would be around pierre and that would cost because you would have to have a guide.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby hood » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:32 am

Oh well, so much for that...
hood
hunter

Postby girls_hunt_too! » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:21 pm

Just a thought- you should be able to get a non-resident snow goose permit. I work in the sporting goods department at a local store issuing permits/selling firearms and I am almost positive that there is a non-resident snow goose permit. That might be something to check into. If not, good luck in the drawing next year because goose and duck kicks *** here! :smile:
girls_hunt_too!
Newb

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting