planning for snows in march

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

planning for snows in march

Postby captainkevan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:46 am

Hey guys,

I am an avid waterfowler from Massachussetts and moderator for a few of these forums. I am flying into minneapolis in March to hook up with a buddy. we are planning to drive to south dakota for a couple days of spring snow hunting. He went last year with that outfitters but realized it really wasn't necessary. SO, I would greatly appreciateany suggestions that would point us in the right direction as to where to go that is open to the public. I'm not asking for anyones honey hole, just a push in the right direction. we are also thinking of hunting some coyotes and rabbit while there.

Thanks for the help,
~Kevan~
TEAM WASABi !!!!!!
captainkevan
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Kurt » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:04 am

Rabbit closes feb 28. Just scout ask permission and hunt. Lots of dekes and a eclaller will help
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:24 pm

Like Kurt said rabbits close the 28th. But for snows you'll just have to put a ton of miles on. 81 corridor is always a good place to start. Depends what time in March will depend on where they will be.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting