Resident Only

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Resident Only

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:59 am

I anyone going to hunt pheasants this weekend for the resident only season. I think my weekend will go something like this. Hunt ducks and geese in the mourning and then some pheasants and then come home a drink a few beers and watch football. Finally all the seasons are open.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:05 pm

Sounds good, but i have one problem, work :thumbsdown: but i don't work till 6 on saturday so ill try and get out.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:28 pm

I hear ya there, i work all day on saturday, but hopefully i get out on sunday and monday. Nothing beats duck hunting in the mourning and then some pheasant in the afternoon and then some goose at night. Think thats the plan for sunday atleast.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby Penguine » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:19 am

I found a place over here on the west side of the state that has some pheasents. The only problem is the farmer is a member of pheasents forever and has his land posted. Would it be to awfully unsportsmanlike to pop pheasents as they cross the road from the cut wheat field to the farmers land? Road hunting is legal in SD afterall.
Joel wrote:If God wanted a lab to point he would have gave them a stick.
Penguine
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:44 am

Yeah its leagal next weekend. But for resident only you have to hunt on public land and no road hunting. So it kind of limits where you can hunt. I don't really know where you could go out west that has pheasants. So maybe just wait another week.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby Penguine » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:06 am

sdgr8wthnter - Where are you reading that there is no shooting pheasents off the road? Unless your talking early season that opens this weekend. I am patient... I can wait an additional week to be allowed to pop em as they cross the road :smile:

Other than that, next weekend might be duck in the morning, then pheasant in the afternoon over in either Pierre or Presho.
Joel wrote:If God wanted a lab to point he would have gave them a stick.
Penguine
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:36 pm

I was talking this weekend. But of course almost anything is fair game next weekend.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:03 am

Shot only 2 on saturday with 4 of us, didn't go well that day. We found birds, but when we hit them we couldn't find them cause they were runners :thumbsdown: Yesterday we shot 8 for 3 of us, we got into the birds yesterday, but couldn't find a couple again :thumbsdown: The wind don't help both days for the dog.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting