Tomorrows the BIg Day

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Tomorrows the BIg Day

Postby cmelik10 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:46 am

Well boys tomorrow is the big day the official opening of pheasant season. Say good bye being able to easily find open public ground :thumbsdown:. Already this morning sitting on my front porch I have seen five trucks from out of state in blaze orange and its still more than 24 hours before the start.

Becareful out there everyone, with all the reports coming out of the state that this year is suppose to be great for pheasants we are going to see greater numbers of hunters out there. If you are hunting public land (or private for that matter) with other hunters out there make sure of the background of your target before you start flinging shells in the air nothing can ruin a great weekend of hunting faster than someone in you party getting shot or shooting someone else because of getting alittle tunnel vision.

Also its gonna be warm out there this weekend so if you are hunting with your dog make sure to really keep an eye on them. Take plenty of water with you out in the field for them and if your dog starts to show even alittle sign of getting over heated put them up and let them relax and cool off for awhile. Lets try and do what we can to not have another year like we did last year.

Good luck to everyone shoot straight, shoot safe, and leave a few for me. :salude: :salude:

Scott
cmelik10
hunter

Postby Kurt » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:26 am

I live in mobridge the town doubles in size for the next two weeks. I dont bother with the pheasants till end of november get rid of all the fair weather hunters
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby cmelik10 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:32 am

Kurt wrote:I live in mobridge the town doubles in size for the next two weeks. I dont bother with the pheasants till end of november get rid of all the fair weather hunters

Kurt I hear you on that one. I live in Madison and the hotels here have been booked for the last month or so. My parents wanted to come up just to visit and they can't get a hotel room anywhere and they are booked for atleast a month. Luckily I have a few honey holes that very few people hit because it is a pain to get to them. I will do some hunting here and there but come the middle of next month I will start hitting it really hard.
cmelik10
hunter

Postby Penguine » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:06 am

Well pheasent hunting on this side of the state (Black Hills) sucks butt, so, where should I drive to? I hear Pierre and Presho are good. I will be needing to do some public land hunting, any ideas from all you pheasent hunters?
Penguine
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:40 am

I live in Brookings, try competting with 10k college students plus the extra out of staters it sucks. But thank God i have land around Brookings otherwise i wouldn't go out untill the middle of Nov.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:29 pm

Well me and my dad got out today and we got our 6 that we needed, we seen a old school bus full of hunters :eek: that is very pathetic :thumbsdown:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby cmelik10 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:24 pm

I was able to get out for about an hour between work shifts and wow was it warm, and I didn't see a single bird. Oh well theres always the next time...tomorrow after class before work :getdown: :getdown: . How did everyone else do.

Scott
cmelik10
hunter

Postby Kurt » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:19 am

If you go around pierre get your check book ready because it is motly pay hunting and the public land has been walked to the ground. Waiting till november or the first snow is best if you come around mobride. Went out west around isabel and got three pheasants and eight grouse did not see another hunter.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting