quiet around here

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

quiet around here

Postby openwaterhunter2 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:03 pm

Dang! It's quiet around here. I figured you guys would be pumped up and postin alittle. I know it's warm and dry and it seems like the ducks haven't come down in the last 100 years but it's still ALL MOST season. :getdown:
openwaterhunter2
hunter

Postby Itchy Coyote » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:49 pm

Well let me tell you what I feel into. I live in west Tn. just north of Memphis. I did more hunting in side of the city (in side of 240 belt around Memphis). That is where I found the most ducks. I could get up and on my way to work I could kill a few ducks and be at work at 8:00am.

This year I saw an add. in the paper and it was for a place to hunt ducks. deer and any thing that had a season. So I got in with 4 others. I now hunt 3 miles from the Mississippi river and have 2 other that run right in the middle of it. We have 5 or 6 lakes that use to be the river years ago that has filled in to a great duck holes. There are duck on it all year long.

Today we ran over 400 ducks around it from one spot to the other. All of this just out side of Memphis. We can get in a truck and be eater in down town in 15 mins.

You talk about a duck hole this is it? We were working on a new pier and we had ducks and geese trying to land right at the end of the pier.

I am about to retire in the next few weeks and if you want me you will have to come find me in my new honey hole. If you get the time stop by and if you are lucky I might take you out.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

www.itchyoutdoors.com

catch me if you can
Itchy Coyote
State Moderator

Postby BlueGooseTN » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:13 am

Well I cant wait for the 24 !! Ill be hunitng in KY that morning then going across the road into Tn, Taking the boat out on Reelfoot and hunting some fat Mallards ((The local Birds, I dunno if many migrators will be here)) It was 81 degrees in Woodland Mills Yesturday, I have seen flocks of snows, specs over Reelfoot and surrounding area. There have been ducks seen also but no major push like there will be (hopefully) if I dont kill a duck the 24th I wont be disapointed or angry, but happy that I am Hunting !! B/C Im just ready for Christmas Break for my trip to Arkansas !!!
WPS!
BlueGooseTN
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:31 pm

I'm ready! Haven't seen too many ducks but the snows have been all over the place. A guy on another site said he saw a few thousand ducks at Black Bayou so maybe the Reelfoot opener will go good for ya.

Hey Bluegoose, are you a member on the Avery forums?
quackkiller
hunter

Postby BlueGooseTN » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:10 pm

Quack killer, Yes I am .

I am RNT-DuckHunter in the Avery Form
WPS!
BlueGooseTN
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:55 pm

I thought that was who you are. This is Sully. :cool:
quackkiller
hunter

Postby BlueGooseTN » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:18 pm

MAN Whats up :salude: ??? Aint Talked To You In A While !! Man you got alot of Post 595 !! I'll catch up with ya !! :toofunny:

I may head out to Reelfoot In the morning for the 2 day hunt !! :yes:

Ill send ya some PM's

:toofunny: :salude: :cool: :thumbsup: :laughing:
WPS!
BlueGooseTN
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:22 pm

Not much is goin on. Been doin a little deer huntin and gettin ready for duck season. I can't wait. :getdown:

That's cool. Let me know how ya do if you go. I heard there were a few ducks around up there.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby Itchy Coyote » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:30 pm

Well I was to go to sign the lease for the spot and my new buddies went with out me and did not add me to the list of hunter. So now I am back hitting all the little hole I can.

Well I hope to retire in the next week so I will have all the time I need to go hunting and nowhere to go. Last year I hunted inside of 240 around Memphis so I might have to do that again.

Hope to go to Reelfoot and hunt the first day in the fields up there with a guy I know. But after that I go anywhere I can.

So this year I might run into some of your guys. I am going to try to hunt the state. If it is close I'll just jump in the truck and go. If more than 3 hrs. drive I take the motor home and spend more time hunting. I have a 16' boat with a blind on it and a old 4 wheeler for the hard to get spot.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

www.itchyoutdoors.com

catch me if you can
Itchy Coyote
State Moderator

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting