Coming home for Christmas

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, Itchy Coyote, duck slayR

Coming home for Christmas

Postby A-5_Guy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:31 am

Gents,

I'm a 1st Lt. in the USMC and I'll be coming home to Memphis for the first time in over a year. I wasn't deployed or anything, but I've been in flight school for the better part of 2 years. I grew up hunting deer and small game in West TN, but never really did any duck hunting. However, I have since been bit by the duck bug and when I'm not flying it's pretty much all I think about. My question is this: are there any public areas that I could potentially walk-in with minimal scouting with any chance of success? I won't have a boat, but I might bring my kayak. I definitely don't want to be the Barney that blows it for everyone. I know most of the public spots are all draw hunts, mostly up in the Reelfoot area. Anyways, just putting some feelers out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Dave
A-5_Guy
hunter

Re: Coming home for Christmas

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Good luck Dave, I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out. My cousin's husband just finished up there in Pensacola, then went to CA to do his training for the F/A 18's and now he's stationed in Okinawa. He's the navigator though. Good luck with your ventures and your hunt. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Coming home for Christmas

Postby duck slayR » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:29 pm

A-5 Guy,

Im a recruiter for the Navy up in Jackson Tn. if you dont mid doing a little driving ive got a place or two up here your more than welcome to come hunt with me just send me a pm and let me know when you will be home and we will arrange something.

P.S.
Any military looking to get a seat in the blind PLEASE le tme know ive ALWAYS got a seat for you guys!
here they come boys start callin'..................wait....SHOOT it's just seagulls!
duck slayR
Suzie Spoonbill Slayer

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting