Looking to try some hunting in TN

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Looking to try some hunting in TN

Postby beretta24 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Hey guys,

I'm going to be in the Tupelo area during the end of January for work and would like to have a little fun if possible. Is there anyone who would be willing to take a MN guy out? I would be game for chasing ducks, quail, hogs, coyote, coon or anything else in open season. I've flown into Mempis several times but have never had the chance to hunt or fish there. I would love the chance to try something new and meet some new people. I can bring my own firearm and gear.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Brian
beretta24
State Moderator

Re: Looking to try some hunting in TN

Postby cuppedup50 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:53 pm

man i would take you out but im a college baseball player and we will be practicin every day tryin to get ready for the season.....if you do come up here you are on the right side of the state. the western part of the state is where you want to duck hunt in TN.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanks for the reply. Enjoy playing ball while you can. I never had as much free time as I did in my latter high school and college years. Now I just try to take advantage of every opportunity I have. With my traveling I'm trying to hit some different states to see what else is out there. Take care!

If anyone has the time to share a seat I would be more than willing to return the favor if you every make it to MN. I'll throw in some gas money too.

Brian
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby cuppedup50 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:56 pm

u 2. hope u find somewhere to hunt.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:33 am

At the rate it's going there might not be any hunting in TN soon. Everything's froze up my way and I reckon it's the same out in the western side of the state too. Only way to find a spot is to hunt a river. Good luck, and somebody give the guy some help.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Thanks for the kind nod Preacher. If you're ever up in MN let me know. On my way down to MS tonight for the next week or so. Looks like I'll be looking to chase some yotes, cat, hogs or quail. You have a line on any guides? If my credit card company straightens out the $5K some kind person chose to spend on my account I might be up for dishing out the cash for a guide.

The only stuff I've found so far that looks reasonable and reputable are guides for quail. I've been focusing my search within a couple hundred miles of Tupelo, MS but I'm flying into Memphis.

Thanks!
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:34 pm

I'm not sure. You might want to try making a new topic for that one. You might even try some of our sponsors. I think I remember seeing one that guided around Reelfoot, or that might have been when I was looking into a guided trip. I forget who I was looking into. I'm sure some guys on here can point you in the right direction for a guide.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting