preach

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

preach

Postby daffy... » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:51 am

preach herd you guys got some snow out your way!? called for 6-12 when i last talked to the family. few days ago, just rememberd
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Re: preach

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:58 pm

We wound up with about 4". If it wasn't for the rain I'd say we got about 8 or so. My friend that lives in Campbell County got 9". We got enough for them to let us off work early. :yes:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby daffy... » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:17 pm

hahaha as you know im from maine. we get a foot of snow weekly. i was down there a few winter back and i remember getting 2 inches... it only stuck to the road cus the ground wasnt frozen and it was the funniest thing. school was canceled the mail didnt come and there was over turned cars after every bridge. cant imagine if i was there for 9 inches
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Eh it wasn't too bad. Except for the 20 car pile up on interstate, a kid going to the hospital after a snowball fight, and a kid getting killed sledding...

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby daffy... » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:56 am

20 car! died sledding?! wowwwww.
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:47 am

Yeah it's crazy here when it snows... I elect to stay home

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby TNmatt83 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:53 am

Yeah people here are crazy when it snows. If they call for ANY snow, good luck trying to get into a grocery store, you'd think people were preparing for nuclear holocust or something, bread and milk become like gold. And then roads become like a demolition derby. You have 2 types of drivers here, the kind that think it is impossible to drive in any amount of snow and the ones who think because they drive an SUV they are ice proof and they don't even slow down. This was the most snow we've had in Nashville in probably 8 years.
Any day that starts with a cold boat ride is a good one
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby daffy... » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:09 pm

TNmatt83 wrote:Yeah people here are crazy when it snows. If they call for ANY snow, good luck trying to get into a grocery store, you'd think people were preparing for nuclear holocust or something, bread and milk become like gold. And then roads become like a demolition derby. You have 2 types of drivers here, the kind that think it is impossible to drive in any amount of snow and the ones who think because they drive an SUV they are ice proof and they don't even slow down. This was the most snow we've had in Nashville in probably 8 years.

the SUV people are redic. living in maine most my life i have a lot of experience in the snow. it blows my mind that they think they can still do 75 on glar ice, then when they make a mistake lock up the brakes (which is the worst thing to do) that and every bridge has 4 cars over turned after it. everyone knows bridges ice over worse than the roads. blown away at the idiots that try to drive down there but even without snow im blown away with there recklessness
Last edited by daffy... on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby mox » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:23 pm

TNmatt83 wrote: and the ones who think because they drive an SUV they are ice proof and they don't even slow down. This was the most snow we've had in Nashville in probably 8 years.

Saw a Pathfinder that had been opened up with the Jaws of Life when I was headed down 65S on my way to Columbia on Tues or Wed. Then around the Pathfinder were a couple more SUVs and 1-2 cars piled up. The interstate was closed for several miles. County mounties had the camera and tripod out taking pictures.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:40 pm

daffy... wrote:
TNmatt83 wrote:Yeah people here are crazy when it snows. If they call for ANY snow, good luck trying to get into a grocery store, you'd think people were preparing for nuclear holocust or something, bread and milk become like gold. And then roads become like a demolition derby. You have 2 types of drivers here, the kind that think it is impossible to drive in any amount of snow and the ones who think because they drive an SUV they are ice proof and they don't even slow down. This was the most snow we've had in Nashville in probably 8 years.

the SUV people are redic. living in maine most my life i have a lot of experience in the snow. it blows my mind that they think they can still do 75 on glar ice, then when they make a mistake lock up the brakes (which is the worst thing to do) that and every bridge has 4 cars over turned after it. everyone knows bridges ice over worse than the roads. blown away at the idiots that try to drive down there but even without snow im blown away with there recklessness

I went to Chicago to see my buddy graduate Naval Bootcamp and they are WAY worse than anything here. I hope I NEVER have to go to that place again...

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:37 am

Chicago is not that bad... :biggrin: . I was there in Jan for my sons boot camp graduation and I was also stationed there back in the 80's. once you figure out that you have to drive 90 or get run off the road all is ok. and stay away from LSD (lake shore drive) :yes:

Have always called MI home but have lived in several states, When I lived in Maine it was just like being home, It has to snow 8+ " before they even consider closing schools. But there are still the IDIOTS that think they can drive 70 and try to change lanes on the interstate. they hit that pile of slush between lanes and loose it.

I spent a lot of my summers in TN with my cousins in Sparta and Doyle and HATED the damn ticks. They (my moms family) were complete hillbillies with no TV, coal for heat and a well to draw water out back but I loved it there.

I have lost track of my family (moms side) there and will be down there for my wifes family reunion in july, Hoping to make a drive thru sparta and see if anyone knows any of the family. as long as it does not snow :hi:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Won't be any snow here in July. Just flipping hot with about 100% humidity. No joke. It will be 80-90 with humidity in the 90-100% range.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:34 pm

That is how I remember it ever summer when I was there.... HOT. I like it about 70 to 72 :tongue: all the time myself
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting