Duck Hunting Forum banner

Central TN Migration Watch 05-06 (post duck reports here)

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Leadslinger 
#1 ·
Here's the place to post duck reports for Central TN. There are two rules for posting on this thread.

1) No Questions! This is for posting duck reports, not for asking "Where are the ducks?".

2) Keep West and East TN reports off this thread.

Thanks,
UTG

#2 ·
I am hunting in unit 1 around the Sandy Chapel area. We are seeing alot one day and just a few the next day. It looks like we have gotten some new birds in, we worked a bunch of Mallards that looked like it had about fifty in it on 12/11. Our blind is at 68 birds an that is hunting 8 days. There is a good number of ducks on Old Hickory for the early part of the season. I just dont know how long they will last.

#3 ·
Leadslinger,

Where abouts are you hunting around Sandy Chapel. I hunted Blind #91 a lot last season. I've heard that Blind 85 and 86 are killing some ducks too. I hunt Old Hickory and am curious as to where you are at.

#4 ·
Slim, We have been hunting in 86. We drew it this year and some friends of ours drew it last year. We are at 88 birds as of 12/15, blind 85 has done some shooting, all gadwalls. We are doing a little bit better than we did last year. We are finally going to get the wind that we need on this sat. and sun.

#7 ·
I hunt in Blind 0 and it has been a great blind in the past but this year it is no good we went today and shot some teal but the corn hole is not holding any ducks so it is no good down there 4 is not doing good at all and so far the year we have only killed 10 mallards

#9 ·
Well 0 is being hunted pretty much everyday and 4 has not been hunting very much but someone i know hunted there today and killed like 2 but did not see much at all down there because if the corn hole is not holding any ducks there wont be any ducks down there and this morning we hunted 85 and did not fire a shot and where you hunting on 12/20 because it seemed like the ducks would fly back there and want it and 86 would not call is calling no good?

#10 ·
I was with Lefty this morning (12/20) and noticed the same thing about the guys hunting in 86. There was no calling that we could hear of. The wind wasn't that stout. Is calling out of the picture?

85 was cold and slow this morning. We never had a chance to shoot. That boat ride down the channel will freshin' you up pretty good. We need ducks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.