Little champion

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Little champion

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Anybody in here hunt little champion?
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Re: Little champion

Postby bandedslayer » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:25 pm

what are you calling little champion i think i may have but ive never heard it called that
....some people call it sky busting....i call it optimism
-Jase Robertson
bandedslayer
hunter

Postby BandedBrother25 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:43 pm

Lil champ is a good place when got it to yourself or 1 other group just play the wind right there and u got em the best we did there this past yr was31
BandedBrother25
hunter

Postby Team Turpin » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:29 am

I have hunted in and around Little Champion alot. Usually better towards the end of season but if a crowd gets in there it is just as well you go somewhere else.

Got drawn for Champion last year and it locked up and couldn't get out there.
Duck hunting is perilous.......especially for the duck.
Walter Cronkite
Team Turpin
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Team Turpin wrote:I have hunted in and around Little Champion alot. Usually better towards the end of season but if a crowd gets in there it is just as well you go somewhere else.

Got drawn for Champion last year and it locked up and couldn't get out there.

There's always a crowd.
teddysberna wrote:

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby T2D2 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:15 pm

I thought both Champion Lake and Little Champion Lake were both draw only :huh:
T2D2
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:29 pm

T2D2 wrote:I thought both Champion Lake and Little Champion Lake were both draw only :huh:

I think in the past they both may have been. The last 2 years little champion has been open and champion has been draw only. What affiliation do you have with rolling thunder game calls?
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby T2D2 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Westtennduckhunter wrote:What affiliation do you have with rolling thunder game calls?

Friends with the owners...pimp some calls for them every once & a while. You familiar with the line?
T2D2
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:05 am

T2D2 wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:What affiliation do you have with rolling thunder game calls?

Friends with the owners...pimp some calls for them every once & a while. You familiar with the line?

Yes indeed. I have one on my laynyard. My boss's son did some work on reed inserts for somebody there not too long ago. He gave him a call and he doesn't hunt so It got handed off to me. I'm excited about it.
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:08 am

T2D2 wrote:I thought both Champion Lake and Little Champion Lake were both draw only :huh:

Good call. Jut found out that both are indeed draw only.
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby ShortBarrelcraz0283 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Have killed ducks here .............didnt like the crowd that didnt follow the rules and went on early .........this is probably why it is a draw now, and why champion has been a draw. I rather be further south in the hole or dog leg on Champion. Back when Championwas open, little champion didnt get much attention. When they made champion a draw, it starting taking on a lot of pressure. Champion was slow last year.It is better on wet years, when we have heavy migration.(many fronts) My 3days on champion were sub-par.(killed 16) Saw lots of birds. They just didnt work the way they normally do at that place. But the same went for my other spots, Last year seemed like we were calling at the same ducks, except for those few select days, and for those who hunted in this area last year know what days Im speaking of.
ShortBarrelcraz0283
hunter

Postby TNJED » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:24 pm

How many groups get drawn per weekend on Champion Lake?
TNJED
hunter

Little champion

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:03 am

I don't know. Have wondered the same. Anybody know how the draws on little champion will work as well?
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby ShortBarrelcraz0283 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:12 am

Three groups a weekend on champion. one group a weekend on little champion.Champion has poles spliting it into three sections north, middle, south. hope for the south or middle ............ if you get the middle bring as many decoys and mojos as you can. but if the duck are working the lake, and the group in the south end can call and has a good spread out........... get ready to watch a duck killing.dont know why the ducks do this but the are gonna go to the dog leg. i didnt get drawn this year for champion......have little champion opening weekend.
ShortBarrelcraz0283
hunter

Postby T2D2 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:47 am

On Champion, the MIddle Section is a No Hunting Zone between the North and South sections.
T2D2
hunter

Little champion

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:01 am

Yea I got drawn for the north end of champion for January 6th weekend. I hope there's more ducks for you on opening weekend than I seen last weekend. Counted maybe 150.
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby ShortBarrelcraz0283 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:18 am

This is something new ........... In the past they drawed all three sections on champion..........Guess i understand now why i didnt get drawn.....If you got the south end you can kill em if your setup is right, and there are ducks on the sanctuary. As for the north end i have hunted it three time when drawn there three years ago........Didnt do very good, but nobody on the lake did very good that weekend. Dont understand why they made the middle a nohunting zone? Everything in this world has gotten way to political if you ask me. What we did on champion before it became a draw in no way compares to what hunter do at bayou meto everyday. Everybody thank the guy that setup the 68 foot motor home across 87hwy back in 2006.
ShortBarrelcraz0283
hunter

Postby brforester » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Anyone know how Little Champion Lake and Champion Lake hunted this past weekend?
brforester
Newb

Postby ShortBarrelcraz0283 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:01 pm

I dont think they drawed it this weekend.......if they did i hunted close and ddnt hear any shot from that direction. But this weekend was very slow ..........We need cold weather up north to give us a push of birds.
ShortBarrelcraz0283
hunter

Little champion

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:14 pm

I hunted the chute and never worked a bird.
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby ShortBarrelcraz0283 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:38 am

who ever hunts the south end of champion this weekend, Needs to be in the hole! The weather they are calling for will be perfect!
ShortBarrelcraz0283
hunter

Postby backwaterhunter » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:59 am

So I have hunted north west tn all my life mostly reelfoot lake and a couple rice field pits we have and have never heard of these places y'all speak of do you mind telling were these places are located like what county and town if you don't mind just courious
for 07/08 season in NorthWest Tennessee Ducks to date (564)
Honkers to date(43)
Bands(2)
backwaterhunter
hunter

Little champion

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:42 am

South of you.
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby SFO1 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:56 am

Yeah, the guy with the RV also had a state game warden for that particular county in the RV with them. The feds and the state game warden that was in that group got into quite an argument to my understanding. We hunted that lake every single day for most of my life until it got shut down. Its sad that a bunch of new comers to the lake cant handle getting beat to a spot, so they had to whine like some 5 year old girls and get the lake shut down. Champion in no way is what it used to be.
SFO1
Newb

Postby T2D2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:09 pm

SFO1 wrote:Yeah, the guy with the RV also had a state game warden for that particular county in the RV with them. The feds and the state game warden that was in that group got into quite an argument to my understanding. We hunted that lake every single day for most of my life until it got shut down. Its sad that a bunch of new comers to the lake cant handle getting beat to a spot, so they had to whine like some 5 year old girls and get the lake shut down. Champion in no way is what it used to be.

Calling strangers 'whiners' and 'girls' on a public forum...great first post. :no: :no: :no:

:welcome: to the board.
T2D2
hunter

Next

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting