Duck Hunting Forum banner

West TN/Locked Up?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Westtennduckhunter 
#1 ·
Hey boys-

Headed up towards our spot near Tiptonville this weekend-heard reports from a few guys that West TN has been locked up and isn't looking good even with the warmer weather coming in this weekend. Has that been your experience lately? Lots of ice?

Thanks fellas-
John

#4 ·
Wednsday morning there was about a 1/4 inch of ice over a good part of a small shallow lake I hunt. Seemed to slow the action a bunch. Streams and bigger waters seem to be looking better. It was supposed to be in the 40s and raining Saturday, which had me planning for a Sunday hunt, but it looks like that rain won't come until Sunday now :mad:

IT has only been a few days well below freezing so I think it all depends on the type of water you are hunting. Good luck

#6 ·
Yea it was locked up tight all weekend. Only ducks I heard about killed was right on the rivers. We busted between 1/2 inch to 1 inch of ice. I didn't bring my tape measure but it was thick. My shins hurt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.