Annual Duck Blind Drawing

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Annual Duck Blind Drawing

Postby dgribble » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:17 pm

I'm new to the duck hunting scene and curious about the blind drawing that takes place. Could someone explain the process and fill me in with what I need to know to enter the drawing? From what I've read, there is a drawing annually which, if drawn, you have the right to that specific blind all year. If you don't get drawn, where are your hunting options? Also, how to go about getting in the drawing, are there any requirements? Thanks for the help!
dgribble
hunter

Re: Annual Duck Blind Drawing

Postby TNmatt83 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:48 pm

The only requirement is a state hunting license, then you just show up the day of the drawing and put your name in, if you get drawn then you pick which blind you want and it is yours for the year. It's best to go with a big group, then if one of your friends gets drawn you sign on with them. I know people that will go with a group of 20 people or more knowing that not everybody will get to hunt the same days. Drawings are usually the beginning of August. If you don't get drawn you can still go "hop" a blind any day you want, if the blind owner is not there you can hunt it but if they show up with the blind card then you have to get out unless they offer to let you share with them. There are also plenty of WMAs that don't have blinds and you just find a spot, you can also hunt most lakes and rivers. Check out the TWRA website for a listing and regulations for each WMA. Hope that helps - Matt
Any day that starts with a cold boat ride is a good one
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby dgribble » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:06 pm

That helps quite a bit, I appreciate it. Being new to duck hunting the only hunt I've ever gone on was with a blind so thats why I was asking. I'm not too familiar with just hunting lakes or rivers.
dgribble
hunter

Postby TNmatt83 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:31 pm

No problem, let me know if you need anything else... I assume your last name is Gribble, are you related to any other Gribble's in the Jackson Co area? One of my good friends from college's last name was Gribble and he was from up that way but lives in Nashville now.
Any day that starts with a cold boat ride is a good one
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby dgribble » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:48 pm

My last name is Gribble but no relatives from that area, sorry.
dgribble
hunter

Postby bandedslayer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:09 pm

i have one correction about blind hopping the only way they can kick you out is if they show up before legal shooting light if not the blind is yours. if your looking for someone to go to blind drawing i have about 4 guy s that r going if interested and its the 1st weekend in aug
....some people call it sky busting....i call it optimism
-Jase Robertson
bandedslayer
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:24 am

it is always the first sat in aug.. if you dont buy a sportsmans lic, you have to have all you normal lic plus the wma permit for where ever you are drawing... not sure how many place require a special wma permit, but i know reelfoot does.. it is called a reelfoot preservation permit and coxt 10$ i think.. it is required to enter the drawing..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby mcclinj » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Open to out of staters?

-John
mcclinj
hunter

Postby Team Turpin » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:15 am

Ya non residents can join in as long as they got there licenses purchased already. We got a group from Alabama that goes in with us each august.
Duck hunting is perilous.......especially for the duck.
Walter Cronkite
Team Turpin
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting