Need a few ideas

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Need a few ideas

Postby bubbasblazer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:54 pm

This isnt duck related but I figured it's worth a shot. My dad moved down to TN. a year or so ago to Sevierville, he hunted as a kid and thats about it, he is gonna try boar hunting, any of you guys know thing he may wanna know or ideas at being successful that I could pass along to him. In Delaware the closest thing we got to boar is the pot belly pig we just got rid of. Thanks in advance.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Re: Need a few ideas

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Might wanna read the regs first. There are no "boar" in TN only wild hogs. They don't have a season on them anymore either, making them illegal to hunt. There are a couple of WMA's that allow it still I believe. Also landowners can hunt them if they send in for a permit. With that permit they can put up to 10 names on a list that allows them to hunt them on their land too.

It's a mess right now and people are pissed about it. Some guys threw nails and boards with nails in them on the Catoosa WMA and it had to be closed down for a long time because of some jackasses that didn't like the new regs. Instead of writing someone or signing a petition, they took matters into their own hands and screwed over a lot of other hunters and even grad students working on the WMA for their research.

There's a lot of pressure on them right now and I think there will be a pig season back soon.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Duckedo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:11 am

I'm about two hours away from there. The few times I have hunted hogs we used dogs. It was on a private farm close to Jamestown Tn. The land owner had a permit to hunt them on his land. I believe it was some sort of damage control program the state offered to farmers. Those things are super destructive. It was loads of fun, I kind of miss it. The farmer passed away and the land was sold. Your dad may want to check around with local farmers and see if he can find a similar deal.
Duckedo
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks, I'll pass along the info. He did say he was gonna be on private prop. I did tell him to getup with a game wardon or someone similar or the only pork he's loble to get is in a place where it might hurt. Any type of gun that may be better than the other? He carries a handgun with him as he is in the cabin and home repair business in some rural areas where bears may be hanging around but he was talking about a getting a rifle or something. Can you bait them down there like they do up here with deer on privat prop? How you guys duck hunting down there? If I ever get down to visit I'd like to try duckin' somewhere other than good ole' Delaware.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby Itchy Coyote » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:14 am

bubbasblazer hunting in Delaware was not to bad when I was growing up there not to far from you. I came from the other side of Harrington. My brother and sons still hunt a few duck now and then when they get the time. I use to go to the easten shore Maryland all the time. Not sure how it is these day.

Thanks for stoping by down here in the Tn. forums. Good luck this year.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

www.itchyoutdoors.com

catch me if you can
Itchy Coyote
State Moderator

Postby bubbasblazer » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:53 pm

Thanks for the welcome, pop really likes it down there, good luck to you as well.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting