GOOD PLACES TO HUNT IN Chattanooga AREA

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

GOOD PLACES TO HUNT IN Chattanooga AREA

Postby tcw » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:54 pm

I'm looking for anyone that has any info on some good spots in or around Chattanooga
DuckSmackersInc
tcw
hunter

Re: GOOD PLACES TO HUNT IN Chattanooga AREA

Postby possumfoot » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:47 am

you cant hunt IN chattanooga...

there are not many ducks in east tn.

but let me ask you this.. with very low duck numbers and not many places to hunt, what makes you think soemone is going to give up info that could end up costing them a place to hunt?? expecially a good place?? do you think they found this place by asking for handouts on-line?
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Check out Chickamauga. Never hunted there, but you can put in for a drawn hunt on TWRA's website. It's free if you have a sportsman's license. The drawing happens in September I believe. Like possum said, low numbers here. No one will give you an exact spot, just a body of water. The rest is up to you. Like I said though, I've heard good things about Chickamauga. Don't get your hopes up for numbers though, they don't happen too ofter here. It takes lots of time scouting either when you hunt or in the offseason.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby possumfoot » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:40 pm

blind draw is always the first sat in aug.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby tcw » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:01 pm

First off to old possum I never asked for a hand out would hate to ask for your "honey hole" I'm new to the area was just looking for Info in the right direction I don't wanna spend all summer and season scouting water that has no ducks I guess the southern tradition helping out your neighbors sure don't apply here
DuckSmackersInc
tcw
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:11 pm

tcw wrote:I'm looking for anyone that has any info on some good spots in or around Chattanooga

guess this part just threw me off...

possumfoot
hunter

Postby tcw » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:22 am

No just some direction guidance not turn left by the tree with a tire swing walk past the big rock with moss growing on it and sit by the water where the fence is laid over don't want exact location you did the home work that's your spot just want a direction to start
DuckSmackersInc
tcw
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:53 am

tcw wrote:No just some direction guidance not turn left by the tree with a tire swing walk past the big rock with moss growing on it and sit by the water where the fence is laid over don't want exact location you did the home work that's your spot just want a direction to start

a good direction to start is head west young man..

possumfoot
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:00 pm

tcw wrote:First off to old possum I never asked for a hand out would hate to ask for your "honey hole" I'm new to the area was just looking for Info in the right direction I don't wanna spend all summer and season scouting water that has no ducks I guess the southern tradition helping out your neighbors sure don't apply here

Better go out of state or to West TN then. You aren't going to find large numbers of ducks anywhere east. I don't know any southerner that would give you his spot anyway, or even a general direction to his area. I gave you a body of water, that's the best you're going to get in all honesty. A lot of people won't even give you that.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby coachcornbread » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:05 pm

possumfoot wrote:blind draw is always the first sat in aug.

Wrong, the blind drawing for chicamauga are computerized.

http://www.tn.gov/twra/reg3drawblindschick.html

The blinds for middle and west TN are always the first saturday in August.

To answer the OP, I would look on Hiwassee from B and B marina down to Hwy 68 bridge. Dont go past the bridge, thats all refuge. Also look at chicamauga around goodfield creek and just up, moon slough, and for divers look around grasshopper creek on the mudflats on the main channel. Like others have said it is very hit or miss on ducks. I used to hunt in those areas all the time when I lived in Athens. Some days we couldnt keep the guns loaded fast enough, some days we never picked them up. Good luck!
shoot em when you see the orange airbrakes!
coachcornbread
hunter

Postby tcw » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:06 am

Thanks a lot for the advice
DuckSmackersInc
tcw
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting