New Hunting Area in Tennessee

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

New Hunting Area in Tennessee

Postby goodkarmarising » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:38 am

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/how-a-ma ... 12+Potland

The fields are ripe for hunting. Almost 1,000 acres of land in Tennessee used to cultivate marijuana plants for more than a decade were seized several years ago from two people running a million-dollar multi-state wholesale drug distribution ring and are now open for use by outdoorsmen and women of all pursuits.

In 2006, Jeffory Carl Young, 55, of Cannon County, Tennessee and Morris Roller, 59, of Warren County were arrested in a sting by five law enforcement agencies, including local, state and federal authorities.

They were convicted in 2008 and since that time, debate had ensued as to what should be done with the reclaimed land on Short Mountain in Cannon County. The pristine land on one of Tennessee’s tallest mountains in a remote part of the state is home to certain species of wildlife not found elsewhere. Two species of crayfish, salamanders and beetles are unique to the area.

After the pair’s arrest, Neal Appelbaum, president of the Stones River Watershed Association immediately set in motion conservation propositions for the land. Keeping former marijuana-growing land open for the public and free from development following seizure is an unusual outcome (except for when the land-owners are unaware of the operation). It has no precedent in Tennessee.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Re: New Hunting Area in Tennessee

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Nice. That's what should be done with any land like that IMO.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tennessee0226 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:42 am

Is this on the twra site?
tennessee0226
hunter

Postby PiKappCutter » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:33 pm

Gets a little scary down on short mountain towards dusk...
PiKappCutter
hunter

Postby Uncle Jesse » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:32 am

I knew Morris Roller and turkey hunted on his land once. Had no idea what he was actually doing though. He had a lot of cattle and the feller that bought our cattle also bought his, which is how I got to know him. I guess the livestock was a cover up because he didn't seem like the farming type. I'll never forget one time we were loading holstein steers, and he would pick one out and describe it to everybody as "that black and white one". He could make you laugh for sure.
Jesus Saves
Uncle Jesse
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting